Patch Notes - May 12, 2021
Here are the latest update details for Black Desert Online on May 12, 2021 (Wed). Today’s patch contains 67 updates and is approximately 582.60 MB.
New and Improvements
Currently, our development process is working to improve all classes at the same time rather than focus on a few characters at a time. Since this is more time-consuming, it's taken us longer than expected, and we ask for your understanding regarding the longer-than-expected delay of these long-awaited changes. We are combing through the improvements we've planned as well as the feedback left by Adventurers on the official website in order ensure carefully considered changes to this upcoming update. Your feedback and those of all our Adventurers worldwide have been invaluable in this process, so please keep sending us your feedback as you traverse the world of Black Desert!
- Max Attack Speed, Casting Speed, Movement Speed Increase: 250% (Standard Default: 100%)
- Max Attack Speed, Casting Speed, Movement Speed Decrease: 50% (Standard Default: 100%)
- You can only learn one of the three skills at a time.
- These skills can be learned using a Secret Book, which can be acquired by exchanging the Resplendent Medal of Honor (a new Node War reward).
|Skill Name||Skill Effect|
Yianaros's Light I-V
|+5 - 25 Magic DP Increase|
Pilgrim's Steps I-V
|+5 - 25 Ranged DP Increase|
Knight's Defense I-V
|+5 - 25 Melee DP Increase|
Many of Black Desert's greatest battles are waged in Node Wars and Conquest Wars, and the data retrieved from these wars across all regions are constantly being retrieved and examined. Class distribution, damage, and kill-death ratios - stats like these have a huge impact on how large-scale battles play out. To level the playing field and lessen the possibility of a battle being too heavily influenced by these factors, we've added skills that give Adventurers the option to increase DP for a specific type of damage. However, since these skills are specific to Node and Conquest Wars, learning them isn't as simple as just investing Skill Points into the desired skill. These skills also require special Secret Books, which can be acquired by exchanging Resplendent Medals of Honor (a new reward for participating in Node Wars).
Lastly, although each class has been granted individual use of these passive skills, we will look into adding guild skills exclusive to Node Wars and Conquest Wars if conditions are not optimal in these large-scale battles.
● Fixed the issue with Smack Down where the crowd control debuff would sometimes activate during the skill animation even though you failed to grab a target.
Item● Outfits for Guardian, Hashashin, and Nova can now be obtained through the Glorious Shudad Classic Set.
● Fixed the descriptions for the Glorious Shudad Classic and Premium Sets so that only the classes that can obtain outfits through these sets are listed.
- '[Sorceress] Nude Basic Underwear' has been changed to '[Sorceress] Nude Deep Black Underwear'.
- '[Mystic] Lahr Arcien Underwear A (No Stockings)' has been changed to '[Mystic] Lahr Arcien Underwear (No Stockings)'.
- '[Lahn] Lahr Arcien Underwear A (No Stockings)' has been changed to '[Lahn] Lahr Arcien Underwear (No Stockings)'.
- The icon for '[Kunoichi] Sileshi Underwear' has been changed to match the outfit's appearance.
● The descriptions for Trace items about the Crafting Notes will now take you directly to BDO Wiki's Crafting Notes page.
● The Whale Tendon Potion will now have a blue item border instead of a green border when viewed in Black Spirit's Adventure.
● When changing the velocity of a note in the Compose/Score window, the velocity will automatically change as the value is being inputted.
Background, NPC, Effects, Cutscene
● Changed the topography in certain sections of Invernen Island and Tinberra Island.
Conquest War, Node War
● The participation rewards for Node War have been changed to Resplendent Medals of Honor.
- Shining Medals of Honor are no longer available as a participation reward. However, they can still be exchanged for the new medal in the same manner as before.
- The list of items exchangeable with the Resplendent Medals of Honor includes both the list of items exchangeable with the Shining Medals of Honor and the newly added items below. (Modified)
|Required Item||Exchange for|
Resplendent Medal of Honor x20
|Yianaros's Light I|
|Pilgrim's Steps I|
|Knight's Defense I|
Resplendent Medal of Honor x50
|Yianaros's Light II|
|Pilgrim's Steps II|
|Knight's Defense II|
Resplendent Medal of Honor x100
|Yianaros's Light III|
|Pilgrim's Steps III|
|Knight's Defense III|
Resplendent Medal of Honor x150
|Yianaros's Light IV|
|Pilgrim's Steps IV|
|Knight's Defense IV|
Resplendent Medal of Honor x200
|Yianaros's Light V|
|Pilgrim's Steps V|
|Knight's Defense V|
Resplendent Medal of Honor x10
Essence of Courage x1
- Depending on the type of Crystal used as an ingredient, you can acquire JIN, BON, and WON Glorious Crystals of Courage with the same type of Ignore Resistance effect.
Magic Crystal of Infinity (One of Four Types of Ignore Resistance)
|Glorious Crystal of Courage (JIN, BON, or WON) - Ignore Knockback/Floating Resistance|
|Glorious Crystal of Courage (JIN, BON, or WON) - Ignore Knockdown/Bound Resistance|
|Glorious Crystal of Courage (JIN, BON, or WON) - Ignore Grapple Resistance|
|Glorious Crystal of Courage (JIN, BON, or WON) - Ignore Stun/Stiffness/Freezing Resistance|
JIN Glorious Crystal of Courage - Ignore Resistance
Ignore Resistance +10% / All AP +3 / Max HP +100
BON Glorious Crystal of Courage - Ignore Resistance
Ignore Resistance +10% / All AP +2 / Max HP +100
WON Glorious Crystal of Courage - Ignore Resistance
Ignore Resistance +10% / All AP +3 / Max HP +50
● The participation rewards for Node War that can be acquired through the Reward button in the Guild Window (G) have been reset during the maintenance on Wednesday, May 12, 2021.
- Medal of Honor, Battlefield Glory, Battlefield Honor items that are no longer available have been deleted.
- Shining Medals of Honor, Battlefield Glory, Battlefield Honor items that have already been collected have not been deleted.
● Fixed the issue where the installation progress displayed for certain annexes in Node/Conquest War did not display as intended when the Commander's Signal Guild skill was not learned.
● All instances in the UI with 'Additional Copy' have been changed to 'Single Copy'.
● Fixed the issue where Ancient Spirit Dust was not being displayed in the Item Drop window when hunting in the Aakman Temple and Hystria Ruins.
● The loading message on the reconnection screen after changing a Temporary Family name has been changed.
● Fixed the issue with the reconnection screen where pressing the ESC key after changing a Temporary Family name would exit the game.
● When buying items with a purchase limit through NPCs, the message alerting you of the amount you can purchase will now appear in red if you have reached the maximum number of purchases.
● Emergency Escape can now be added to the Ring Menu when using the Gamepad UI.
System● Fixed the issue with the Guild Window (G) where opening the window when your Guild was at war would cause a UI error.
● Fixed the issue where using the numpad on a keyboard to move items from the Central Market Warehouse to your Inventory (I) would cause a UI error.
● On the official homepage, the default page when entering [Camping Grounds] > [Find Guild] has been changed.
- The list of recently created Guilds will no longer be displayed. You can use The search function to look for information on all the Guilds in Black Desert.
● The sidebar menu of the Wiki page is now collapsible.
● Fixed the issue on the Wiki where scrolling down using the scrollbar would cause the search bar to be covered.
● A 'Go to the Bottom of the Page' button has been added to Forum and will appear on the bottom-right of the screen.
● Fixed an issue on the official homepage where the Pearl Shop banners would appear smaller than intended in certain resolutions.
● Fixed the issue on the main page of Black Desert+ where clicking on the Beauty Album will direct you to the wrong page.
● The design of the backup code pop-up window has been improved.
● The launcher has been improved so that Adventurers will be prompted to change their password if it has not been changed in three months.
● Event banners will now appear on [My Page].
● Fixed the issue where trying to access the window to change your password without logging in would take direct Adventurers to the English webpage even though their language was not set to English.
● Fixed the issue where Adventurers could not stay logged into Black Desert+.
● Fixed the issue where using the Web Storage would sometimes direct Adventurers to the incorrect page.
● The social media sharing function for the Beauty Album in Black Desert+ has been removed.
Translation● The following terms have been changed in Spanish:
- 'Pienso de Colapiedra ventoso' has been changed to 'Comida de Colapiedra ventosa'.
● The following terms have been changed in German:
- 'Verstärkungsbaukasten' has been changed to 'Verstärkungspaket'.
- 'Crayonkapellen-Soldat' has been changed to 'Crayonkapelle'.
- 'Patrigios Kleiderkiste' has been changed to 'Patrigios Kostümtasche'.
- 'J.s besondere Rolle' has been changed to 'Besondere Rolle von J'.
- 'Brandzeichen: Reittier' has been changed to 'Reittier-Brandzeichen'.
● The following terms have been changed in French:
- 'effets de statut' has been changed to 'effets d'entrave'.
- 'Détermination d'attaque' has been changed to 'Effets d'attaque'.
- 'Icônes de défense' and 'Effet de blocage' have been changed to 'Effets de défense'.
Modified or Changed● Fixed an issue where NPCs would be in abnormal locations in the Northwestern Calpheon Outpost.
● Fixed the mini-map for the Glish Ruins in Serendia so that it appears as intended.
● Fixed the issue where monsters would become stuck in certain areas in Bradie Fortress.
● Fixed the issue where Nova's class icon appeared as Sorceress's class icon in the Final Battle's Set Participant Number settings window.
● Fixed the mini-map so that the locations of missions, party members, and platoon members will now be accurately displayed.
● Fixed the issue on the World Map (M) where the Barter UI and the Fish Drying Yard UI would overlap when viewing the Baeza Island Node.
● Fixed the issue where the camera angles could not be changed in certain situations when using the Gamepad UI.
'● Fixed the issue with the following outfits where equipping them would cause graphical issues:
- [Archer] Derictus Helmet, [Archer] Corvicanus Robe, [Guardian] Spring Blossom Clothes, [Lahn] Lollipop Sticker'
● Fixed the issue with [Sage] La Orzeca Armor and Helmet where the effects were not being properly displayed.
● Fixed the issue with the My Stable UI where a horse’s information did not appear when selecting a Stable with a long region name.
● Fixed the issue with the Gamepad UI where the item tooltips where the hotkeys for locking/unlocking items and viewing crafting information appeared as the keyboard and mouse hotkeys.
● Fixed the issue with PEN: Blackstar Sting where its graphical effects were not appearing properly.
● Fixed the issue where Sage could not open the Elvia Awakening weapon boxes obtained through one of the quests in Elvia Realm.
● Fixed the issue where an incorrect system message appeared when using the Celestial Horse Calling Horn while a Wagon has already been summoned.
● Fixed the issue where firing ship cannons from certain locations would cause the cannons to shoot abnormally.
● Fixed the issue where Adventurers with negative Naval Fame would be considered Hostile on land.
● Fixed the issue with the Gamepad UI where the Control Guide would appear only in English when installing a Camp for the first time.
● Fixed the issue where the geography of Lerao Island appeared abnormally when viewing it using the mini-map.
● Fixed an issue with the Gamepad UI where selecting another Guild member in the Guild Member List caused the “Deposit” button to appear.
● Fixed the issue with the Gamepad UI where the location of the Control Guide for the Deposit UI in the Guild (G) Window was appearing in the incorrect place.
● Fixed an issue with the Gamepad UI where using a Premium Horse Appearance Change Coupon to change your horse’s appearance would cause an unrelated Control Guide to appear in the Skill List.