Patch Note - March 10, 2021
Here are the latest update details for Black Desert Online on March 10, 2021 (Wed). Today’s patch contains 43 updates and is approximately 715.34 MB.
Fughar's Times of Success
● New adventure log, "Fughar's Times of Success", has recently been published. Follow the trail of Fughar and how he became a successful Chief Manager in the Crow Merchant Guild with nothing but an apple in his hands.
- Upon completing the Mediah Main Questline, if you're Lv. 57 or higher, you can accept the quest "Adventure Journal: From the Bottom to the Top" by talking to the Black Spirit.
- This adventure log consists of 3 volumes, with 5 chapters per volume for a total of 15 chapters altogether.
- You can use Fughar's Secret Book, a secret text of the Crow Merchants Guild, to gain a large amount of Contribution EXP.
* If your maximum Contribution Points (CP) shared by your Family is 200 CP, once you complete all of Fughar's Times of Success, you will be able to increase your Family-wide CP to 230 CP.
|Fughar's Times of Success||Reward|
|Volume 1 Chapters 1-4||1 Fughar's Secret Book per chapter|
|Volume 1 Chapter 5||Weight Limit +2LT (Family-wide)|
|Volume 2 Chapters 1-4||1 Fughar's Secret Book per chapter|
|Volume 2 Chapter 5||Inventory +1 Slot (Family-wide)|
|Volume 3 Chapters 1-4||1 Fughar's Secret Book per chapter|
|Volume 3 Chapter 5||All DP +1 (Family-wide)|
New and Improvements
● Succession: Magical Evasion - Skill can now be added to a Skill Cooldown Slot.
● Core: Fissure Wave - Changed the direction of the skill's graphical effect.
● Equilibrium Break - Changed the skill's graphical effect for Remastered mode or higher.
Item● Added an idle animation for [Ranger] Pieris Outfit Set.
- Removed "Rolls to Finish", which stood for the number of dice rolls left to reach the FINISH square from the START square.
- Removed "Failed to Finish" with the removal of "Rolls to Finish".
- Removed the "Lucky Day" Arcana cards, which added additional rolls to finish, with the removal of "Rolls to Finish".
- Issued Black Spirit's Dice to compensate for the type of "Lucky Day" Arcana cards in your possession.
|Lucky Day - 1 Additional Roll||Black Spirit's Dice x1|
|Lucky Day - 2 Additional Rolls||Black Spirit's Dice x2|
|Lucky Day - 3 Additional Rolls||Black Spirit's Dice x3|
- Removed the limit of additional rolls after rolling the same number on both dice.
|After having rolled an additional roll gained from rolling the same number of pips on both dice, you would not gain additional rolls if you rolled the same number once more||You will continue to gain additional rolls whenever you roll the same number of pips on both dice|
- Added different boards.
|Your piece is returned to the START square after reaching the FINISH square||Your piece is moved to a new board after reaching the FINISH square|
● Enhanced the rewards based on additional rounds completed.
|5 rounds||Black Spirit's Special Dice Box||Arcana of Fate Box|
|10 rounds||Fine Accessory Box||Fine Accessory Box II|
|20 rounds||[Event] Shakatu's Shiny Box (Combat) x2||Black Spirit's Adventure Box x5|
|30 rounds||[Event] Shakatu's Shiny Box (Life) x2||Black Spirit's Adventure Box x10|
|50 rounds||[Event] Gold Bar Box x2||[Event] Black Spirit's Adventure Gold Bar Box x2|
|100 rounds||Advice of Valks (+100)||Advice of Valks (+100)|
- Right-click the [Event] Black Spirit's Adventure Gold Bar Box to obtain 1 of Gold Bar 2,000G, 4,000G, 6,000G, 8,000G, or 10,000G.
- Whether your piece is on the normal or event board, all boards will increase your Number of Completed Rounds by 1 when you successfully move your piece from the START square to the FINISH square.
* Thus, the once separate numbers of successful rounds finished for normal and event boards will be combined henceforth.
* Based on the combined number of successful rounds finished for both types of boards, rewards pertaining to the new combined number will be sent to your Mail (B).
● Removed text from the Lucky Day Arcana cards mentioning additional rolls.
● A new season of the Old Moon Grand Prix has begun.
- Beginning with the new season, you will gain points for every race you run, and your overall ranking will be updated depending on the points you accrue.
- Selecting a race course in the Old Moon Grand Prix Race Info window will display your personal records pertaining to that course.
- Personal records will display your best time and the number of times you completed that specific course.
- You can check your rankings by Old Moon Grand Prix season when you click the arrow button for "See Old Moon Grand Prix Season Ranks" in the Old Moon Grand Prix window.
- You can see your rankings by season, race course, and ranking type.
- Ranking types are divided into Overall Ranking and Record Ranking. More details regarding the types of ranking are as follows:
- Record Ranking: Record Ranking displays your best rankings per race course. It displays your best rankings along with the race horse you raced with and the date when you achieved that record.
- Overall Ranking: Overall Ranking combines your points earned from your rankings of all the race courses. It displays the number of times raced, the number of times you achieved a specific rank, and your overall point total.
- You will gain the following number of points based on your rank.
|4th and below||1 point|
● Opened the Calpheon: Anti-Troll Fortification and Mediah: Stonetail Horse Ranch race courses for the Old Moon Grand Prix.
● Added the Happy Black Spirit buff.
- For more details on the Happy Black Spirit buff, please refer to [Thanking Adventurers in Over 150 Countries Worldwide].
● Has everyone received the title which was added after March 3 (Wed) maintenance to celebrate (?) the transfer of NA/EU service? For those adventurers who have yet to obtain it... try leveling up any character!
Quest & Knowledge● There's news of some gossipy NPCs in each of the major city's taverns and inns offering interesting tales of this world. They talk of <rakshan's head="" astrologist=""> Adonna Rioblanc, who trudged through the harsh sandstorms of the desert to settle down in a quiet tavern somewhere in the western continent. - You can find details regarding Adonna Rioblanc's actual location by talking to the following NPCs located in the taverns/inns listed below.</rakshan's>
|Town / Capital City||Inn / Tavern||NPC|
|Velia||Lunar Halo Inn||Kono|
|Heidel||Golden Toad Inn||Ponterra|
|O'draxxia||Thornflower Tavern||Rune Terna|
- Meet with Adonna Rioblanc, and solve her simple riddle quests to get your fortune read for a total of 9 times per family. Each time you get your fortune read, you will be able to receive a special gift that is useful for the Black Spirit's Adventure.
- You will be able to get your fortune told a few days after the previous fortune reading session from Adonna Rioblanc. Once you're able to get another fortune read, Adonna Rioblanc's Borky will announce in the inn/taverns of the towns/capital cities listed above that you can get another fortune read.
- Once her parrot makes the announcement, you can return to Adonna Rioblanc, who will eagerly read your fortune without the need to accept a separate quest.
- Adonna Rioblanc and her parrot will return to their wandering ways when the time comes. Right before they set off on their journey, adventurers will be able to accept a quest from the parrot Borky, who will reveal their hidden story, and also reward you with Adonna's last gift and title, .
- However, Adonna does not wish to sour the still-bright futures of adventurers who are below Lv. 30, and will refrain from reading their fortunes.
● Added the "Wanderer's Star" category under Adventure Log - Travel Log.
* We discovered that the incomplete version of the expanded gamepad function was released in the March 3 (Wed) update. Here, we would like to announce that the complete version of the gamepad function was added in this week's update on March 10 (Wed). We hope our Adventurers take note of this as to not cause you further inconvinience in your gameplay.
● Expanded gamepad features.
- You can now use the Gamepad Exclusive UI if you select ""Use Gamepad UI"" after activating gamepad by going to Settings → Select Use Gamepad.
- New control settings will be assigned to the player when using the Gamepad Exclusive UI and you'll see that the changed UI is identical to the one that can be seen in Black Desert on console.
- Ring menu, World Map interface for gamepad, and other UI features will be optimized for gamepad but controls are not customizable.
- Each class's skill cast and controls will be optimized for gamepad. However, commands to perform combos are identical to PC configurations.
- PvE is much more readily accessible if you play with gamepad UI and turn on Combat Assistance at the same time.
- Gamepad Exclusive UI allows basic controls needed in the game to be performed through the gamepad. However, a keyboard and mouse must be used when using Central Market and certain other UI features.
- You can switch between Normal Gamepad Mode and new Gamepad Mode (that uses a Gamepad Exclusive UI) without losing the control settings you've set into place.
Find out more information on the gamepad by reading the [New "Gamepad" Manual].
● Added the Buff Details UI. Use LS Click + RS Click to see a descriptive list of buffs currently in effect.
● Improved interface by allowing Elvia Main Weapon and Awakening Weapon to be instantly equipped by the Better Gear Widget at the top-right side of the screen without having to open inventory.
- When the time on is up on Elvia gears, the Widget will appear again to allow adventurers to instantly equip their original gear.
● Pearl Shop will now show the class you are currently playing on the demonstration screen when you select a product that includes several different classes.
● Improved replay features for Arena of Arsha streaming.
- HP is now displayed to the second decimal places when using replay features.
- Each team's HP can be checked through messages at the end of the match when using replay features.
- Fixed issue where Guild Emblems would not disappear even after character has been defeated when using replay features.
● Changed design for Event Cart.
● Expanded target features in knowledge to work both for individual subjects as well as knowledge categories. Any subject under the selected category will be highlighted on the mini-map. - The target feature can only be used if the selected categories do not include other categories (Only contains individual Knowledge). - The target feature doesn't apply to rare monsters.
● Improved the mechanisms regarding in-game coupon usage.
● Optimized performance for unstable chat group connections.
● Fixed issue where you could run multiple clients under certain circumstances.
Changes and Fixes
● Fixed issue with graphical anomalies in certain locations of Northwestern Calpheon.
● Fixed issue with graphical anomalies in certain locations of Terrmian coastline.
● Fixed issue with graphical anomalies in certain locations of Shakatu's Villa.
● Fixed issue with interference in character movement near Caduil Forest.
● Fixed issue where adventurers could pass through the pillars of Epheria Sentry Post.
● Adventurers are now led to a high resolution in-game video clip when pressing LMB on the gameplay video clip button at the bottom of the screen while creating a new character.
● Fixed issue where the Giant Mudsters, when spawned twice consecutively as a Field Boss, would appear in locations before the change rather than appearing in the changed locations (Southern plains near the Swamp Fogans habitat, Triangle Head Lizard habitat).
● Fixed issue where the character's left fingers would overlap with the weapon when equipping [Guardian] Glorious Shudad.
● Fixed issue where portions of the mesh would be exposed abnormally when equipping [Berserker] Mountain Guardian Spirit while Body Shape is max size.
● Fixed issue where the instrument would not be visible when summoning Shai to perform music.
● Fixed issue where the instrument would not be visible to other adventurers when playing as Shai to perform music.
● Fixed issue with adventurers not being able to accept the [Event] Black Spirit's Illusion quests.
● Fixed issue with inappropriate background music being played at the Altar of Blood.
● Fixed issue where Console Gamepad Dingbat font could not be displayed in Gamepad Settings.
● Fixed issue in Black Spirit's Adventure where sounds could not be heard when moving on a square.