Patch Notes - March 31, 2021
Here are the latest update details for Black Desert Online on March 31, 2021 (Wed). Today’s patch contains 107 updates and is approximately 718.59MB.
End of Winter Season
● The Winter Season is now over.
- All Winter Season characters that have not been converted will be automatically converted to normal characters.
- All Season quests that have not been completed have been deleted.
- Adventurers who have not completed either [Season Server Graduation] At the Crossroad or [Season Server Graduation] Into the Big Wide World will get Fughar's Letter of Encouragement and Gift Box Full of Memories in their mailbox (B).
- Adventurers who have graduated from the Winter Season can complete the [Winter Season] An Unsettling Rumor quest from the Black Spirit (/) at any time.
- You'll get a [Season] Boss Gear Exchange Coupon when graduating from the Winter Season, which you can use even after the season ends.
- Tuvala gear of the highest level per slot that hasn't been converted after maintenance on March 31 have been automatically converted.
- Tuvala enhancement materials, Tuvala conversion stones, unconverted Tuvala gear, and other season-related items have been deleted.
* Please refer to the [Notice] End of Winter Season Information for more details regarding Tuvala gear conversion and what items were deleted.
|Season(PVP)||New Olvia (Novice only)|
- As stated in our notice on March 24th, the NEW Olvia server is only available to new Adventurers logging in within 30 days (720 hours) of creating their Family Name, or returning Adventurers whose total character level is below 150 and have no record of logging into the game or using the Web Central Marketplace within the last 30 days (720 hours).
- After March 31, 2021 (Wed) maintenance, there will be two NEW Olvia Servers.
|Server Name||Server Requirements|
|NEW Olvia (Novice only)||
Fulfills one of the following:
① Adventurers who fulfill the 'New Adventurer' requirement as of March 31, 2021 (Wed) maintenance
② Adventurers who fulfill the 'Returning Adventurer' as of March 31, 2021 (Wed) maintenance and have a total character level of 150 or below
* If you fulfill one of the requirements above after the maintenance on March 31, 2021 (Wed), you will be able to access the new Olvia (Novice Only) server.
(I.e. If you fulfill one of the requirements on April 8, 2021 (Thu), you'll be able to enter the server .)
|NEW Olvia - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5||
Same as the Original Olvia Server (Fulfill the New/Returning Adventurer Requirement)
① Adventurers who fulfill the requirements for “New Adventurer”
② Adventurers who fulfill the requirements for “Returning Adventurer”
* You can enter the server for 30 days (720 hours) from the point you become a Returning Adventurer.
New and Improvements
● Updated Sage's idle animation during customization.
● Black Spirit: Prime: Ator's Energy IV - Fixed the issue where no sound would come out for the last hit in the Skill Demo screen.
● Kyve Mastery - Fixed the issue where damage would intermittently not apply.
● Fixed the issue where Succession would be disabled after opening and closing the Skill window either before having learned Succession skills or after resetting all skills.
● Fixed the issue where Sage's stamina would decrease while taking out his weapon during basic movement.
● Flow: Form Recall - Fixed the issue where the Super Armor Effect would not apply for the last hit.
● Fixed the issue where Sage would not revert to basic animations after putting his kyve away with the Tab key while sprinting.
● Fixed the issue where more than one Ancient Kyve would materialize at a time.
● Improved Sage's movement so that by pressing LMB, he could take out his weapon while moving.
● Fixed the issue where Sage would continue to move even after stopping and while having taken out his weapon with the Tab key.
● Increased the speed with which Sage takes out his weapon while standing still.
● Gravity Rift - Improved the skill by applying the Forward Guard effect to last until Sage's attack animation.
● Rift Chain - Reduced the skill's cooldown to 4 seconds and stamina consumed to 200.
● Gravity Rift II - Improved to allow Sage to move while using the skill.
● Illusion Compression - Improved to cast faster after certain skills.
● Gravity Rift - Improved to allow Sage to move faster after using the skill.
● Spatial Collapse I to IV - Improved to cast faster.
● Ator's Fist - Improved to cast faster after using Illusion Expansion.
● Ator's Mark I to IV - Improved to cast faster.
● Void Gateways I to V - Improved to cast faster.
● Prime: Void Gateways - Improved to cast faster.
● Prime: Ator's Energy I to III - Improved to cast faster.
● Spatial Collapse, Ator's Mark - Fixed the issue where damage would not be applied due to a difference in terrain altitude.
● Illusion Compression - Improved so that Illusion Expansion will be used first when Shift + F is pressed after using the skill.
● Changed the Sage to now display the falling motion after jump attacking above a certain height.
● Rift Chain - Fixed the issue where using the skill on a cliff would return Sage to the place where he first used the skill.
● Overdrive - Fixed the issue where the skill's effects would not be applied in the following situations:
- When using Flow: Form Recall
- When using Form Shift after certain skills
- When using Void Gateways after certain skills
- When using Illusion Expansion after certain skills
● Prime: Optimization, Reset - Fixed the issue where using these skills would consume stamina.
● Illusion Expansion, Void Gateways - Increased the vertical attack range of these skills.
● Prime: Optimization - Fixed the issue where the skill's Super Armor effect would be removed by Rift Chain's Super Armor effect.
● Flow: Finishing Touch - Changed the skill's input to LMB.
● Illusion Compression - Improved to combo faster with Rift Chain after using the skill.
● Changed the text displayed when you use Combat/Skill EXP Exchange Coupons.
● Added Guardian, Hashashin, Nova, Sage outfit options to the Halloween Outfit Box.
● The '[Pet] Marumin's Squawky' quest, which was previously only available to season characters, is now available to normal characters.
- This quest is only available once per family, so your normal characters cannot accept this quest if you have completed it before.
- Normal characters can easily find the quest in the Suggested tab of the Quests (O) window.
● Changed system messages to no longer display successful TRI (III) - PEN (V) enhancements of the Naru Greatbow.
● Shais are living the unbelievable dream.
- Shais can use new skills on donkeys.
- Double Jump: Press Space during a jump
- Glide: Press E during Double Jump
* Only the Shai class can use these skills.
● The light of Hadum's Black Sun, which tainted the Dark Rifts for two weeks, has been extinguished.
- The Dark Rifts will return to appearing at the time they did before being tainted by the Black Sun.
- Specter's Energy can no longer be found in the Dark Rift.
● [EU] Applied Summer Time changes.
- Please refer to [Daylight Saving Time is Here!] for more details.
● [Client Language: Spanish] Unified all translations of Offin to 'Offin.'
● You can now put together items in your inventory in Gamepad mode.
● Fixed the issue where you could get additional Black Stone (Armor) items from Red Nose and Muskan while Hadum's Black Sun expanded its reach and tainted the Dark RIfts.
- You can get 2-3 Black Stone (Armor) items by defeating Red Nose and Muskan, the same as before Hadum's Black Sun had tainted the regions.
● Updated the Worker List to have the worker icon blink red when their stamina is depleted.
● Added enhancement level display for enhanced items in the 'View History for Guild Storage' list.
● Changed the check box UI in the message box for Party/Platoon Invite, Challenge to a Duel, when attempting to use quest navigation and other notices to a square-shaped button.
● Added a notification to display if you attempt to enter the New Olvia server without meeting the requirements.
● Changed the size and position of the buff icon in Arena of Arsha.
● Fixed the issue where the camera angles were awkward while using grappling skills in Arena of Arsha.
● Fixed Arena of Arsha so that your HP would freeze immediately after a match was over to make it easier to determine the winner.
● Removed the animation displayed in Arena of Arsha when changing camera views to allow for immediate screen transition.
● Changed the in-game Beauty Album and Photo Gallery to have 100 days instead of 7 days to print by default.
● Changed Beauty Album search conditions.
- Removed searching by Title
- Changed searching by Family Name/Character Name to only produce results that completely match your search
● Fixed the issue where the Web Market would be shown in Latin American Spanish when you selected European Spanish.
● Fixed the issue where some of Pearl Shop banners weren't displaying text.
● Added a Sage discussion page to the Class Forums.
● Improved the size of the search filter window at the bottom of the Forums page.
● Improved parts of the Forums layout on mobile.
● Improved the list of search options at the bottom of the Beauty Album page to no longer cut off text.
● Improved the effect when hovering your mouse over the Share buttons.
● Improved parts of the Forums layout.
● Improved the design of the ranking badges in the Beauty Album and Photo Gallery.
● Improved the 8 types of Acoin product images on the Purchase Acoin page.
● Fixed the issue where you would be directed to pages of other regions while moving through the Beauty Album and Photo Gallery.
● Changed the text displayed on the Search Guilds and Guild Profile pages.
Modified or Changed● Fixed the issue where the O'draxxia Drawers did not stick to a wall when being installed in a residence.
● Fixed the issue where there was a typo in the quest from <rakshan's head="" astrologist=""> Adonna Rioblanc.</rakshan's>
● Fixed the issue where the item description for Golden Smoked Fish Steak was identical to the item description of Top Grade Lean Meat Salad.
● Fixed the issue where the Succession button in the Skills window would be greyed out after Sage completed Succession.
● Fixed the issue where the Raise Hair function would deactivate in the customization screen.
● Fixed the issue where you could climb on top of the Indomitable Flag.
● Fixed the issue where Indomitable Flags planted in certain locations could not be hit.
● Fixed the issue where the [Dark Knight] Jolly Winter Dream outfit had a different level of transparency compared to other classes.
● Fixed the issue where there was a typo in the quest description of '[Basics of Life] Learning About Gathering!' found on the Quest List window - Suggested.
● Fixed the issue where the [Female Classes] Rosa De Sharon would be dyed abnormally.
● Fixed the issue where the following outfits would appear abnormal in certain situations:
- [Sage] Karki Suit, [Sage] Splat Fisher's Hat
● Fixed the issue where abnormal structures were found at specific locations in the following region:
- Sausan Garrison, Mediah
● Fixed the issue where regular processing didn't start when the materials used were not of the same stack used for mass processing.
● Fixed the issue where enhancement levels were not listed in the challenges.
● Fixed the issue where the item [Sage] Eyes of the Wise would appear abnormal.
● Fixed the issue of awkward text in the character/family/guild name change windows.
● Adjusted the appearance of the Wooden Fence used in Conquest Wars to match their actual size.
● Fixed the issue of the Quest Summary page for [Crow's Nest] Power of the Coin mentioning the wrong NPC location to re-obtain a quest item.
● Fixed the issue where contents of the Change Family Name window would appear abnormally.
● Fixed the issue where the Arrange function in Guild Storage would work in reverse.
● Fixed the Mount inventory window to close first when you pressed ESC while the Mount Inventory and Storage UI were both open.
● Added to the Black Spirit's dialog lines on how to complete the quest '[Enhancement] Even Further and Beyond.'
● Fixed the issue where the button to view the Pearl outfit-exclusive Special Actions wouldn't appear in the Pearl Shop.
● Fixed the issue where the Special Action for wearing a Pearl outfit wouldn't show.
● Fixed the issue where items not available for rental in the Guild Gear Rental Storage appeared to be available.
● Changed to make it impossible to rent gear if you have no available slots in your Inventory.
● Fixed the issue where you couldn't summon horses you rented before Pearl Abyss started service.
● Fixed the issue where characters moved abnormally around the spot where Adonna Rioblanc used to be after completing the quest 'Opposer of Fate.'
● Fixed the issue where the sound of Sage's cheers could not be heard after he ate food.
● Fixed the issue where the NEW Olvia server would be displayed as Season-1 if you did not meet the requirements.
● Fixed the issue where Sages Lv. 59 or below could not enter the following hunting grounds.
- Aakman, Hystria, Kratuga, Sycraia (Abyssal Zone)
- However, Sages Lv. 59 or below will need the same materials as other classes to enter the hunting grounds listed above.
● Changed the names of Mountain Goats to Mountain Sheep/Lamb.
- Some item names and their descriptions were changed in accordance with the changes made.
We hope you enjoy your time in Black Desert, thank you