Patch Notes - June 8, 2022
Here are the latest update details for Black Desert Online on June 8, 2022 (Wed). Today’s patch contains 72 updates and is approximately 1.09 GB.
Arena of Solare
It's the first-ever 3 vs 3 PvP arena in Black Desert where all players battle for victory with equalized gear.
We will later let you know of our future plans for this content little by little.
I hope you can start enjoying PvP in Black Desert from today as you battle freely.
● The preseason for the Arena of Solare has begun.
- The Arena of Solare is a 3 vs 3 match-type PvP content that you can enjoy without having to worry about differences in gear specs.
- You can participate in the Arena of Solare from Lv. 60 with a character that has completed the Succession/Awakening questline.
- You start with Arena of Solare exclusive gear and can unlock other pieces of gear to equip as you progress.
- You may either gain or lose points depending on the Arena of Solare match results, and will get Solare emblems depending on your score.
- You can use the "Find Match," "Set Gear," and "History" options of the Arena of Solare menu by going to Menu (ESC) -> War (F7).
How to Participate
● You can participate in the Arena of Solare from Lv. 60 with a character who has completed their Succession/Awakening questline.
- Press the "Find Match" button from the Arena of Solare menu for auto-matching.
- You will automatically enter the battlefield if all 6 participants accept after matching is complete.
- You can only start matching after equipping the exclusive gear.
* Trial and Season Characters cannot participate in the Arena of Solare.
● Adjust your exclusive gear loadout via the "Set Gear" feature from the Arena of Solare menu.
- You can select the gear you want to equip for the battlefield and also select crystals you want to equip on your gear from the "Set Gear" window.
- Early on, you have access to basic gear and crystals. You can later use "Seals of Solare" that you get once a match ends to unlock a variety of other gear and crystals.
Arena of Solare Rules
● For the Arena of Solare matches, the team with the best 3 out of 5 will win. You'll get a maximum of 3 minutes per round.
- The team with the higher total HP among the surviving members will win when the match ends.
- If the total HP is the same, the team with a higher total damage wins.
- The match will conclude in a tie if the total HP and total damage of both teams are the same.
● In the Arena of Solare, not only will you be provided with exclusive gear, but you also cannot use potions, meals, elixirs, etc. Also, the effects of certain skills will be adjusted.
- The stats for the Arena of Solare exclusive gear will be applied instead of the stats of the gear currently equipped to your character.
- You cannot use any type of potions. However, your character's default HP/MP/WP/SP recovery will greatly increase.
* The amount naturally recovered within the Arena of Solare will be similar to the recovery amount you get from using Ornette's or Odore's Spirit Essences with a Fairy that's acquired the skill "Miraculous Cheer V."
- Using skills that recover HP within the Arena of Solare battlefield will recover only half the amount normally recovered.
- In the Arena of Solare, the Guard Gauge, a defensive feature of all classes, will be equalized across classes.
- The AP, Damage Reduction, Accuracy, and Evasion stats will be halved for all characters.
- The remaining time for the effects of meals, elixirs, and perfumes will not be wasted. Their effects will instead be nullified and their time remaining paused while within the Arena of Solare if you used the items before entering. The effects will be applied again and the remaining time will resume being consumed upon returning to the previous location after the match's conclusion.
- The stats for your character's max HP will increase by 2,000 and your character's Critical Hit Rate, Attack and Casting Speed, Movement Speed will be at Lv. 5 while in the arena.
- Upon entering the battlefield, Black Spirit's Rage, HP, MP, SP, WP, cooldown, and other supplementary resources will all be recovered.
- The cooldown for Emergency Escape will reset each round.
- The "traces of elements" buffs for skills, exclusive gear, and the battlefield will only be applied in the arena.
- The Total Family Bonus from Adventure Journals will not be applied.
|The most basic battlefield in which you can test your skills without other variables.|
|Ruins of Tzol|
|The battlefield where the Unknown Sphere and traces of elements of powerful forces appear.
You can command the battle if you use the Unknown Sphere well.
|Elements of the Battlefield|
|◆ The Unknown Sphere
Spawns in the center of the battlefield and performs AoE attacks in designated areas.
The effects of the attacks differ depending on the color of the sphere.
|- Red Sphere: Performs AoE attacks while moving. Deals damage to targets hit within the attack area.|
|- Blue Sphere: Performs AoE attacks while moving. Applies the "No Guard Guage recovery for 10 sec" debuff on targets hit within the attack area|
|- Green Sphere: Performs AoE attacks in a fixed area. Applies HP recovery effect to targets hit.|
|- Black Sphere: Performs AoE attacks in a fixed area. Pulls targets for a set period and applies the DP Reduction effect.|
|◆ Traces of Elements
Spawns in many spots around the battlefield and performs attacks. Upon destroying them, you can obtain boons from each of the elements.
You and party members nearby can receive the effects of these elemental boons. (excluding Wind's Song).
|- Flora's Breath: Recovers HP|
|- Water's Chill: All DP increase for 30 sec.|
|- Fire's Warmth: All AP increase for 30 sec.|
|- Wind's Song: All AP and Attack/Casting Speed increase for 30 sec. Your party members cannot receive this buff.|
|Areha Palm Forest|
|Battlefield where the elemental traces, Flora's Breath and Wind's Song, appear.
You can command the arena if you use the elemental traces well.
|Elements of the Battlefield|
|- Flora's Breath: Recovers HP.|
|- Wind's Song: All AP and Attack/Casting Speed increase for 30 sec. Your party members cannot receive this buff.|
Emblems of Solare / Match Points
● Your points will fluctuate depending how you perform in the Arena of Solare. You will be awarded an Emblem of Solare based on your point bracket.
* Everyone will start at 1150 points. Then you will earn points for every win and lose points for every loss.
- You can earn more points the longer you maintain a win streak.
- For Adventurers that reach the higher ranks, they will be deducted points depending on their rank if they do not participate in matches for a set period of time.
* Solare Incarnate V: If you do not participate in matches for 3 days, you will lose 30 points for each day afterward.
* Radiant Spear IV: If you do not participate in matches for 7 days, you will lose 20 points for every 3 days afterward.
* Twilight Spear III: If you do not participate in matches for 14 days, you will lose 15 points for every 7 days afterward.
● If you leave a match before it has ended, you will need to use the reconnect window to return to the battlefield until the match ends.
● Penalty points are accrued depending on the circumstances behind you leaving a match.
- If you don't re-enter the match: deserter penalty gained
- Re-entered the match but lost: loss points gained
- Re-entered the match and won: victory points gained
Arena of Solare preseason Period
● You can only use matchmaking during the following hours in the Arena of Solare preseason.
Preseason Week 1
June 8 (Wed) after maintenance – June 15, 2022 (Wed) before maintenance
3:00 PM - 10:00 PM PDT
6:00 PM - 01:00 AM EDT
15:00 - 22:00 UTC
17:00 - 00:00 CEST
* [Find Match] is unavailable outside of the above time frame.
* The matchmaking available time period may change during the preseason.
Liana's Tool Bag
The invention of "Liana's Tool Bag" will help Adventurers who enjoy Gathering to manage their inventories and Gathering tools.
The tool bag holds one of each type of Gathering tool. You can either press F5 or F6, or scroll your mouse wheel to conveniently engage in each type of Gathering activity by equipping the tool bag.
Many of our Adventurers have been wanting this for a while now, and we also have been wanting to develop it, which is why it's such a pleasure to finally present this item to our Adventurers with this week's update.
We recommend you fill up your Energy before proceeding with the quest to obtain Liana's Tool Bag as you'll need to pass a trivia quiz!
● "Liana's Tool Bag," a bag that automatically equips all tools held within to conveniently perform Gathering activities, has been invented.
- You can use the [Tool Bag] menu that will appear on the Inventory UI upon obtaining Liana's Tool Bag to store one of each type of Gathering tool.
* Lumbering Axe, Fluid Collector, Butcher Knife, Pickaxe, Hoe, and Tanning Knife
- The Interaction button for the proper Gathering materials will appear on the Ring Menu if you get close to the Gathering materials while Liana's Tool Bag with the Gathering tools is equipped in a slot.
- Use F5 or F6, or activate your mouse cursor and scroll the mouse wheel from the Ring Menu if you want to adjust settings for Interaction.
* Herbs: Barehanded Gathering ↔ Gathering via a Hoe
* Trees: Lumbering ↔ Collecting fluid
* Animals: Butchering ↔ Extracting ↔ Tanning
- The settings for Interaction for Gathering will be set until you re-adjust them.
● There's a rumor going around about how to obtain Liana's Tool Bag.
- Rumor says Adventurers who get recognized as a "knowledgeable Adventurer" by answering all of Liana's riddles correctly will receive a special bag invented by Valentine's Apprentices Liana and her younger twin brother, Ludowig.
- You can accept "[Tool Bag] Liana's Invention" from the Black Spirit from Lv. 49, then find Liana to accept and complete "[Tool Bag] Liana's Trivia" Part 1 and 2 to obtain Liana's Tool Bag (once per Family).
* [TIP] We suggest you prepare Energy Potions since a lot of energy may be consumed during the trivia quiz.
New and Improvements
● Fixed the issue where her idle animation effects appeared abnormal.
● Applied the following improvements and changes to the Music Album:
- Improved composing by allowing notes to be placed where they overlap with pre-existing notes and in octaves that are not supported by the selected instrument.
* Notes in octaves not playable with the instrument will be marked red while it is selected.
● Added colors to item description backgrounds that match the grade of the item.
● Added the item "Cup of Earth's Sorrows" that can be crafted using materials dropped in Elvia Serendia.
- This item is used to upgrade earrings.
Cup of Earth's Sorrows
Additional reform effect:
All AP +3
How to Obtain:
Processing (L) - Heating with the following materials.
- Shard of the Drained Night x100
- Shard of the Tearful Night x50
- Shard of the Furious Night x50
- Black Stone (Weapon) x100
- Magical Shard x30
● Increased the maximum price of PEN (V) Blackstar main weapons, awakening weapons, and sub-weapons to 200,000,000,000 Silver.
- Due to this change, an improvement was made so that the max number of Marni's Unstable Fuel required for copying PEN (V) Blackstar gear will be fixed at 150.
● Increased the Central Market max price of the following upgrade items by 2,000,000,000 Silver:
- Cup of Arid Moonlight, Cup of a Lonely Cloud, Cup of Dwindling Starlight, Cup of Lone Tide, Cup of Tragic Nightfall
● Separated [Mystic] Dhyana Shoes from the [Mystic] Dhyana Armor.
- Added [Mystic] Dhyana Shoes to the outfit boxes that contain the [Mystic] Dhyana Armor.
- Adventurers who had the [Mystic] Dhyana Armor in their possession will find the [Mystic] Dhyana Shoes in their storage in Heidel.
* Please contact [Support] and attach screenshots of the item tooltips displaying the info of the dyes applied to the outfit previously if the color has changed.
● Added the item Sealed Black Magic Crystal to the Crafting Notes.
● Added information about inherent effects to the set effects in the item descriptions of Oquilla Carrack figureheads, platings, cannons, and masts.
● Added a Simple Cooking recipe for Citron Tea.
- Citron Tea: Simple Cook (L) with High-quality Citron or Special Citron + Distilled Water or Purified Water
● Changed the buff descriptions of Golden Pig's Blessing to match their item descriptions.
● Added the information that the purchase count for Gerez Mercenary Office Scroll resets every Monday to its item description.
● Added to be able to obtain an outfit for your Drakania from the Tiger Emissary Outfit Box.
● Changed the following monsters that dropped Black Magic Crystals to drop Sealed Black Magic Crystals instead:
- Shadow of Gahaz, Cadry Chief Gatekeeper, Desert Fogan Chief Gatekeeper, Crescent Chief Gatekeeper, Desert Naga Chief Gatekeeper, Puturum, Laytenn, Nouver, Kutum, Karanda, Muskan, Griffon, Quint, Offin, Sycrid, Burmol, Demol
Kakuo's Paw-doodle Class Quests
● Added new [Residence] quests that rewards you with furniture containing the art of an brilliant up-and-coming Otter paw-doodler.
- Kakuo, a brilliant up-and-coming Otter paw-doodler, has arrived in Splashing Point (located south of Altinova, Mediah).
- Kakuo is a doodler who was found in Corsair's Slippery Scallywags Den. He is extremely determined in turning Splashing Point into Doodleton.
- Go to Kakuo in Splashing Point to accept a daily Family quest from Lv. 56. If you pay for the base cost along with the additional cost, you will obtain an artistically expressive paw-doodle portrait of each class.
* You will get the item "Kakuo's Certificate" by completing the "[Daily] Paw-doodling Kakuo!" quest.
* Go to Kakuo with the item "Kakuo's Certificate" in your possession to complete the "[Daily] Kakuo Paw-doodles for Real!" quest. You can get the class portrait of the class that completed the last quest.
- You need to go to Quests (O) > Quest Type and activate "Life" in order to accepts the quests "[Daily] Kakuo Paw-doodles!" and "[Daily] Kakuo Paw-doodles for Real!"
- The additional payments required by Kakuo depends on his mood that day. (However, forfeiting the quest then accepting it again won't change his mood nor the additional payments required for the day.)
|Starting Doodle Price||Additional Payments
(1 per day out of 5)
|Gold Bar 100G x5||- Good Mood
(No additional payments)
- Hand over green-grade fish x12, blue-grade fish x6, and yellow-grade fish x3 to Kakuo
- Beat Kakuo in a game of Yar!
- Hand over Smoked Fish Steak x10 and Golden Smoked Fish Steak x5 to Kakuo
- Give 50 energy to Kakuo
Corsair Class-exclusive Kakuo's Paw-doodle Quest
● Go to Kakuo with a Corsair character that is Lv. 56 or higher and have completed her succession and awakening questline to accept the "[Residence] Paw-doodle" questline.
- You will see how Kakuo's memories with his Slippery Scallywags Cap'n Corsair inspired him to become the brilliant doodler to capture her greatness in his paw-doodle.
* You will need a ship to proceed with this questline. If you do not own a ship, complete the "[The Great Expedition] First Sailboat into Oquilla's Eye!" questline found in Quests (O) > Suggested to obtain a ship.
- Complete the questline with Corsair to get a Corsair portrait from Kakuo for free (once per family).
* You could get Corsair's portrait without completing this questline, however, Kakuo won't recognize you as his true Cap'n and will charge you full price for the portrait.
- Try decorating your residence with the wonderful works of the brilliant doodler Kakuo!
King's Key Questline
● Released the secret behind the "King's Key" that can be obtained by completing Nova's awakening questline
- Go to Basquean Ljurik, the Calpheon storagekeeper, with a Nova character in possession of the King's Key to start the quest pertaining to the key.
* [King's Key] King's Chest
* [King's Key] Secret of the Empty Frame
* [King's Key] Branded
* [King's Key] Last Star
* [King's Key] Shattered Memories
* [King's Key] Maha's Veil
* [King's Key] Priceless Oath
* [King's Key] All For Your Sake
* [King's Key] Secret Notes of the Soul
* [King's Key] Are You Seeing This?
* [King's Key] Outing
* [King's Key] Just Like Old Times
* [King's Key] The Dog who Loathes Its Master
* [King's Key] Legacy for Revival
* [King's Key] Kings and Subjects
* [King's Key] Pinky Swear
* [King's Key] Rainy Late Fall
* [King's Key] Last Will
* [King's Key] My Queen
* [King's Key] Francesca Seric
- If you've lost your King's Key, then you can talk to Black Spirit to get it back.
- You can get a special piece of art to decorate your residence by completing this questline.
- There's a rumor going around saying that Patrigio of Crow's Nest, a misty island in the distant sea, has aquired a special piece of art.
- Go to Patrigio to start the quest that rewards the special piece of art (available once per family).
* This quest with Patrigio is for other classes to obtain the special piece of art, that can be used to decorate your residence, without Nova's King's Key.
● Added a daily barter quest with Dario, the wharf manager on Iliya Island, that rewards you with the "Part for Explorer's Compass" upon completion.
- Quest Objective: Barter 20 times
- Rewards: Lost Low Quality Trade Goods x1, Part for Explorer's Compass x1
* You can accept this quest by activating all types of quests.
● Reduced the difficulty of the quest "[Everfrost] The Trial of the Fourth Witch."
● Fixed the issue where you appeared to have not have accepted the quest "Third Test: Naga, I Want You!" even though you completed the questline "[Outfit] Shai - Kanna's Naga Disguise."
● Fixed the issue where you appeared to have not have accepted the quest "Looking for Adventurers" even though you completed it to get "[Social Action] Confident" or are unable to accept the quest.
● Fixed the issue where the quest acceptance requirements for "Rest Area on the Barren Sand" appeared differently on the Quests (O) > Suggested tab.
● Fixed the dialogues of the following quests where the item mentioned in the lines and the item required for the quest were different.
- Jacob's Grief, A Seed for Tomorrow!
● Fixed the issue where certain quest acceptance requirements displayed on Quests (O) > Recurring tab were different from their actual requirements.
- [Contribution] [Lv. 60] Mountain of Eternal Winter
* [Daily] Plucking Beards
* [Daily] Dreadwinter Possessed Beings
* [Daily] Since They Troubled Me...
* [Daily] Do It If You Dare
* [Daily] Real Army
* [Daily] Wanted: New Test Subjects
- [Contribution] [Lv. 35] Calpheon City
* Rations from the Wheat Plantation
* Desperate Request for Help
- [Contribution] [Lv. 56] Drieghan
* [Repeat] Enormous Blood Wolf
- [Contribution] [Lv. 56] Duvencrune
* [Repeat] Strategy to Get the Blueprint
● Fixed the issue where you couldn't proceed with "The Prophet's Key" while mounted.
Conquest War, Node War
● Fixed the issue where the stats for "My Special Evasion Rate" wouldn't be applied immediately upon eating food for the stat limits for Node War displayed on the World Map (M).
* Please take note that the stat limits were properly applied.
● Improved to display the 80% stat limit on max resistance currently applied in PvP on the stat limits for Node Wars on the World Map (M).
Background, NPC, Effects, Cutscene
● Changed the name of the Node Manager at Oze Pass from "Petrified Laborers" to "Oze Pass Miner."
● Changed the Knowledge required to talk to the General Goods Vendor Phyria in Epheria.
- Knowledge required: Adventure Log -> Calpheon Journal -> Calpheon City Adventure Journal I -> Character -> People of Calpheon -> Citizens of Port Epheria
● Improved the Villa Scroll UI so that you can more easily and conveniently check out villa scroll buffs from your campsite.
● Added the part on how you also cannot enter Marni's Realm on a Node War server to the text on the Marni's Realm UI.
● Added brackets to each of the bosses' names displayed on the Boss Notification UI.
● Improved to display a message when attempting to use emojis without having any emojis in your possession.
● Fixed the issue where pets whose special skills were deactivated would sometimes perform special skills.
● Fixed the issue where the "Find Nearby NPC" feature wouldn't work properly when having the Knowledges of certain NPCs.
● Optimized servers by improving the logic that processes living and dead monsters.
● Fixed the issue where you wouldn't be able to drag the pop-up window for tooltips of items linked in the chat window.
● Fixed the issue where the hotkeys set would sometimes reset when ending the game after using Gamepad UI mode.
● Fixed the issue where the item pick-up frequency wouldn't properly be applied for the pet, Ribbon Cat.
● Changed the background image of the loading screen to the Arena of Solare.
● Added banners with images from which you can check out the Arena of Solare event page to the Challenges UI and End Game UI.
● Fixed the issue where the "How to Use the Pearl Shop" window would differ in Gamepad UI mode.
● Changed the "Cancel" button on the bottom of the Cancel Purchase window on the Pearl Shop to "Close."
● Changed the hotkey for the Inventory that you changed to be applied and displayed on the description on the upper part of the Pearl Shop Guide.
● Changed the description text on the upper part of the Purchase History tab on the Pearl Shop.
● Improved to proceed with payment more quickly.
● Improved the part of the UI where you enter the OTP.
● Fixed the issue where the scroll bar would be displayed on the Terms of Service box on the sign-up page.
● Fixed the issue where you couldn't unregister your PC when the language is set to French on the Black Desert official website.
● Fixed the issue where certain menus wouldn't work properly after logging in the Black Desert + app.
● Alleviated the issue where the screen would glitch when moving pages from the Forums page on the Black Desert official website.
● Improved the UI of the Soundtracks page on the Black Desert official website to appear more natural.
● Changed to move to a renewed Black Desert TV page when going to ESC Menu -> Black Desert TV.
Modified or Changed
● Fixed the issue where the end portion of [Sorceress] Hemomancer cape appeared abnormal.
● Fixed the issue where the Guild Intro text appeared like regular text during certain situations when you're not in a guild.
● Fixed the appearance of the water in the pool at Atosa's Villa.
● Fixed the issue where some Forest Bats in Atanis Waterway, Kamasylvia couldn't be gathered from after defeating them.
● Fixed the issue where you couldn't proceed with certain Adventure Logs when going through the Mountain of Eternal Winter main questline.
● Changed the linebreaks for the description on Ocean's Roar, the 5-set effect of Krogdalo's Horse Gear - Sea Box.