Patch Notes - August 11, 2021
Here are the latest update details for Black Desert Online on August 11, 2021 (Wed). Today’s patch contains 99 updates and is approximately 1.69 GB.
● Released Awakening for Corsair, the beloved cap'n of the Slippery Scallywags.
- Adventurers can now awaken Corsair. Their Corsair will need to be Lv. 56 or higher and complete the questline "[Corsair Awakening] Call of the Crow." This questline is available from Black Spirit - Main Quest if their Corsair completed the succession questline.
- For Adventurers that have not completed the quest "[Corsair Succession] A Letter from the Crow," the questline "[Corsair Awakening] Call of the Crow" will become available after you complete that quest.
- Season characters will get the PRI (I) Tuvala Patraca when they complete the Corsair awakening questline.
● Added the quest "[Valencia] Dawn of a New Age" that gives a 7 Day Pearl outfit for Corsair.
- This quest can be accepted after completing the quest "[Lv. 56 Valencia] Eastern Sands Kingdom Story" with a Corsair then talking to Black Spirit (,). You will be able to choose between the "[Corsair] Maretakant Classic Set (7 Days)" and "[Corsair] Desperada Classic Set (7 Days)."
● Added "[Awakening Weapon EXC] Patraca, the Heart of the Sea: PRI (I) - PEN (V)" quests through which you can exchange a PRI (I) or higher enhancement level serenaca for a Tuvala Patraca of the same enhancement level through Fughar.
* These quests can only be accepted by a season character or a season graduate.
* You can only accept and complete one of the quests listed below per family. Also, you must have a Tuvala Serenaca of the required enhancement level to exchange it for a Tuvala Patraca of the same enhancement level.
- [Awakening Weapon EXC] Patraca, the Heart of the Sea: PRI (I)
- [Awakening Weapon EXC] Patraca, the Heart of the Sea: DUO (II)
- [Awakening Weapon EXC] Patraca, the Heart of the Sea: TRI (III)
- [Awakening Weapon EXC] Patraca, the Heart of the Sea: TET (IV)
- [Awakening Weapon EXC] Patraca, the Heart of the Sea: PEN (V)
* The name of the crafter, item brand, and dye info will be removed when exchanging a PRI (I) - PEN (V) Tuvala Serenaca to a PRI (I) - PEN (V) Tuvala Patraca through the aforementioned quests.
● Changed the quests, "[Enhancement] Even Stronger Tuvala Awakening Weapon I-II" to be acceptable from Fughar even with a season Corsair character, with the addition of Corsair's awakening.
Summer Season Early Graduation
● Added the early graduation system for the 2021 Summer Season to [Crow Merchants Guild Chief Manager] Fughar so that season characters can be converted to normal characters before the end of the Summer Season.
|Early Graduation Period||Aug 11, 2021 after maintenance – Before Summer Season ends|
|Conditions for Early Graduation||
Adventurers who have not purchased [Event] Black Spirit Pass must complete all of the "Season Pass Challenges" and accept the rewards.
- Details for the 2021 Summer Season early graduation are as follows:
|Quest||Starting NPC||Quest Objective||Completing NPC|
|[Season Server Graduation]
At the Crossroad
|Leyla, located at the workshop in Velia.||Complete the quest "[Season] Fughar's Special Timepiece" and talk to Fughar||Fughar|
|[Season Server Graduation] Into the Big Wide World||Fughar||Use the Honorable Adventurer's Certificate||Fughar|
- Upon using the Honorable Adventurer's Certificate, your season character will be converted to a normal character.
- Complete the quests listed above to obtain Tuvala Conversion Stone Box, Gift Box Full of Memories, and Fughar's Letter of Encouragement.
- The contents of the Gift Box Full of Memories is as follows:
|Gift Box Full of Memories Contents|
|[Season] Boss Gear Exchange Coupon x1
Graduation Cap x1
Advice of Valks (+60) x1
Golden Graduation Gown x1
Cron Stone x100
[Event] Secret Book of Old Moon (7 Days) x1
[Event] Elion's Tear x10
[Event] Item Collection Increase Scroll (60 min) x5
[Event] Giovan Grolin's Support Scroll x5
[Event] Tachros' Spirit Stone x1
Blessed Message Scroll (100 min) x5
Premium Elixir Box x3
Finto's Filling/Sweet/Fresh Juice x10
- Accept all rewards earned by completing the "Season, Black Spirit Pass Challenges" if you have purchased the [Event] Black Spirit Pass before graduating.
- You cannot use the item "[Event] Black Spirit Pass" after graduating even if it is unused.
- You can use the "Honorable Adventurer's Certificate" item obtained from a graduation quest in the normal server.
- You cannot graduate while you have Fughar's Timepiece.
|Quest||Starting NPC||Quest Requirement||Quest Objective||Rewards|
|[Season Special Gift] Dreams Ebb and Flow||Fughar||Lv. 20 or higher season character or
a character that has completed [Season Server Graduation] Into the Big Wide World
|Talk to Fughar||Season Special Gift Exchange Coupon x1
Cron Stone x50
Fresh Orange Juice x10
Sweet Wild Berry Juice x10
Sour Green Grape Juice x10
- You can select and exchange one of the four special rewards below from the NPC Fughar with the "Season Special Gift Exchange Coupon" obtained from the above quest.
* However, you cannot accept rewards from the season again if you have already obtained a reward from that season.
- You can exchange the "Season Special Gift Exchange Coupon" for special rewards after graduating the Summer Season.
- Adventurers who did not obtain any of the seasonal special rewards can obtain rewards from the previous seasons even through future seasons.
|Season||Season Special Reward|
|2020 Summer Season||
PEN (V): Capotia Earring or PEN (V): Capotia Ring
|2020 Autumn Season||
|2020 Winter Season||
PEN (V): Capotia Belt
|2021 Summer Season||
PEN (V): Capotia Necklace
● Added two types of quests where you can exchange Tuvala gear reformed with a Tuvala Conversion Stone for boss gear.
- [2021 Summer Season] Boss Gear Exchange quest
- [Swell Sea Shell] Boss Gear Exchange quest
- You can exchange Tuvala gear for boss gear through the aforementioned quests upon receiving them from Fughar. You must have completed the graduation quests and be in possession of the [Season] Boss Gear Exchange Coupon.
- You can only accept and receive one quest per equipment piece.
● Changed requirements for accepting the quests "[Season Pass] Crow Merchants Guild Gift" and "[Black Spirit Pass] Crow Merchants Guild Gift."
|Can accept with a Season Character who has completed the Season Pass and has Crow Merchants Guild Contribution Certificate I or II||Can accept with a Crow Merchants Guild Contribution Certificate I or II|
New and Improvements
● Added the following information to the skill descriptions: a list of skills you cannot accquire upon learning Yianaros's Light I-V, Pilgrim's Steps I-V, Knight's Defense I-V as well as information on how to obtain the secret book to learn the aforementioned skills.
● Changed the gear obtained in the Elvia Realm to be usable by season characters.
● Nocturne, Absolute: Nocturne, Prime: Nocturne - Fixed the issue where your character would turn the other way while standing in place instead of moving behind the enemy when pressing W while targeting the enemy from a certain distance.
● Dusk, Chain: Dusk - Fixed the issue where your attack would be canceled when attacking with the skills moving left while charging Prime: Kamasylvia Slash I-III during the cooldown of the skills.
● Prime: Enforcement III - Fixed the issue where the actual number of hits was lower than the number of hits in the skill description.
● Core: Seed of Catastrophe, Seed of Catastrophe IV - Fixed the issue where the actual number of hits was lower than the number of hits in the skill description.
● Absolute: Hidden Strike - Changed the description to match the actual Critical Hit Rate.
- However, the actual PvE and PvP damage applied is the same as before.
|Critical Hit Rate 100%||Critical Hit Rate 100% (Applied only to monsters)|
● Changed certain dye targets that could be dyed on the Outlaws of Margoria outfit.
- Some of the targets that were changed are shown below:
▲ Number 9 Dye Target
▲ Number 9 Dye Target
▲ Number 10 Dye Target (Front)
▲ Number 10 Dye Target (Front)
▲ Number 10 Dye Target (Back)
▲ Number 10 Dye Target (Back)
▲ Number 11 Dye Target
▲ Number 11 Dye Target
- Prime: Ocean's Allure
- Prime: Cap'n's Orders: Open Fire!
- The first enhanced skill can be learned at Lv. 56 or higher, the second at Lv. 57 or higher, and the third at Lv. 58 or higher.
- You must learn the preceding skills in order to learn the enhanced skills.
- You can only learn one of the two enhanced skills for each level.
● Storm Surge - Improved the skill to work instantly regardless of the skill level when used during Smooth Sailin'.
● Wipe Out - Improved the skill to turn the character in the direction of the camera when using the skill.
● Increased the MP recovered on hit for the following skills:
|Whirlpool II||MP Recovery +10 on hits||MP Recovery +20 on hits|
|Whirlpool III||MP Recovery +15 on hits||MP Recovery +30 on hits|
|Whirlpool IV||MP Recovery +40 on hits|
|Absolute: Whirlpool||MP Recovery +20 on hits||MP Recovery +50 on hits|
|Ocean Melancholy I||MP Recovery +5 on hits||MP Recovery +10 on hits|
|Ocean Melancholy II|
|Ocean Melancholy III||MP Recovery +10 on hits||MP Recovery +15 on hits|
|Ocean Melancholy IV|
|Absolute: Ocean Melancholy||MP Recovery +15 on hits||MP Recovery +20 on hits|
|Prime: Ocean Melancholy I||MP Recovery +10 on hits||MP Recovery +20 on hits|
|Prime: Ocean Melancholy II||MP Recovery +15 on hits||MP Recovery +25 on hits|
|Prime: Ocean Melancholy III||MP Recovery +25 on hits|
|Prime: Ocean Melancholy IV||MP Recovery +30 on hits|
|Overflow I||MP Recovery +10 on hits||MP Recovery +20 on hits|
|Overflow II||MP Recovery +15 on hits||MP Recovery +30 on hits|
|Overflow III||MP Recovery +20 on hits||MP Recovery +40 on hits|
|Absolute: Overflow||MP Recovery +25 on hits||MP Recovery +50 on hits|
|Smooth Sailin' I ~ Absolute||-||MP Recovery +10 on hits|
● Fixed the issue where the guard effect would not be applied in certain situations while moving backwards.
● Fixed the issue where her motion appeared abnormal when successfully blocking while holding her guard moving backwards.
● Prime: Wave Lash - Fixed the issue where using this skill on cooldown while mounted wouldn't consume MP.
● Separated the shoe portion of the item "Outlaws of Margoria Armor" as a separate item "Outlaws of Margoria Shoes."
- Due to this change, you will now obtain 3 pieces when opening the "Outlaws of Margoria Outfit Set": Helmet, Armor, and Shoes.
|Opening the "Outlaws of Margoria Outfit Set"|
|Obtained Helmet & Armor (2 pieces)||Obtain Helmet, Armor, & Shoes (3 pieces)|
● Changed "Dehkima: Token of the Oath," "Seal of the Undying," "Crow's Black Jewel" to all be able to be moved to the Family Inventory.
● Changed the listing price of Pearl items on the Central Market and the number of Valks' Cry/Cron Stones you can extract for Pearl outfits as announced on August 9, 2021.
|[Event] Izgara Köfte
[Event] Döner Kebab
[Event] Agneau de pré-salé
[Event] Gambas al ajillo
[Event] Ricotta Cheese Salad
[Event] Salmon Steak
[Event] Steamed Red Seabream
● Reduced the cooldown for Naderr's Band when exchanging +100 or more Enhancement Chance from 10 minutes to 30 seconds.
● Increased the number of days in which a New Adventurer can enter the Olvia (Growth) Server to the following:
|30 days of entry||60 days of entry|
|New Adventurer||Adventurers logging in within 30 days (720 hours) of creating their family.|
|Returning Adventurer||Adventurers who have not logged into the game for 30 days (720 hours) nor used the Central Market on the web.|
- However, Returning Adventurers can enter the server for 30 days, the same as before.
● Added spectator mode to Vaha's Cradle in Atoraxxion Vahmalkea that allows you to spectate a party member after you die.
● Please note that a Dark Rift event will begin on August 18, 2021 (Wed) after maintenance.
- [Atoraxxion] Ancient Technology
● Added a notification that the item branding infromation will be removed when exchanging the item through the quest "[EXC] A New Choice" in the questline "Old Moon Guild's Trade Offer".
● Changed the reward PEN (V) accessory for the quest "Old Moon Guild's Trade Offer" to be exchangeable through the quest "[EXC] A New Choice".
Contribution EXP 50
Select 1 Reward:
PEN (V) Ring of Crescent Guardian
PEN (V) Narc Ear Accessory
PEN (V) Tungrad Earring
Contribution EXP 50
Dancing Moonlight Black Stone x1
Select 1 Reward:
TET (IV) Ring of Crescent Guardian
TET (IV) Narc Ear Accessory
TET (IV) Tungrad Earring
Conquest War, Node War
The Conquest War Pre-Season is our first step in trying to improve and add new ideas to create an even better Conquest War. Therefore, the changes made during the pre-season are not final. They can go through further iterations of changes and improvements following your feedback and results. This makes your opinions extremely valuable to us. We will be going through each and everyone of your suggestions during this time to go in the best direction possible.
During last week's Conquest War times many of the territories had their respective wars, big and small. However, with the introduction of the victory rewards, there were still some guilds that decided to plant forts to create a difficult scenario, while other territories were intentionally liberated. Following these results, we are continuing to monitor the situation and trying to come up with ways to modify the standard for the loser's and liberation rewards as quickly as possible. Especially the loser's and liberation rewards. They were designed to alleviate some of the burden for guilds that really tried their hardest in the war. We will do what we can do that the rewards are used for their original intent. Furthermore, we have received numerous suggestions and feedback we received from our NAEU Adventurers about the "Spirit of Battle" system. "Spirit of Battle" is for the underdogs that can gain a burst of strength or to be used strategically to win the war. However, the stronger guilds were able to use the system by filling the gauge to their advantage. This will also be revised so that the system will work to match its original intent. We will do our best to handle all these issues with an update soon. Finally, we would like to apologize for the issue where the Mediah/Valencia Conquest War was delayed. We are working hard to create a more stable gameplay environment.
We will continue to strive to make Conquest War an honorable fight not just during this pre-season, but in the future as well. We hope all our Adventurers will continue to show their love and support for this content. Thank you.
● Changed the way the inventory of the mountable Flame Tower, Hwacha, and Cannon during Node/Conquest Wars appears to only display items you can put into your inventory.
● Added a feature where you can check alliance info in the descriptions of each territory on the World Map (M) window.
● Changed so that the special oil/regular arrows for the Hwacha and Flame Tower would not be emphasized in the Enhanced Flame Tower and Big Hwacha inventories.
● Changed the function of recovery centers for conquest wars to the following:
- However, the function of recovery centers for Node Wars is the same as before.
|Revive cooldown decreases by 6 sec per recovery center built||Revive cooldown decreases by 3 sec per recovery center built|
● Fixed the issue where the "Spirit of Battle" wouldn't increase when a War Hero died in Node/Conquest War.
● Changed the Damage Reduction Rate limit to the maximum instead of fixed for both the Level 1 Node War and the Mediah/Valencia territory Conquest War that have the stat limits.
● Increased the Level 1 Node War fort's DP by 100%.
● Increased the Level 1 Node War barricade's DP by 20%.
● Changed the Node/Conquest War Register button to activate after the ending time of the Node/Conquest War of the previous day.
- You can register for Node/Conquest War on the Guild (G) window > Guild Member Status.
- However, you can only register for Node/Conquest War on the Node/Conquest War server and only if the guild has installed a fort/command post/Field HQ.
● Fixed the issue where the guild emblem of the defenseives guild was not being displayed on the Conquest Status UI.
● Fixed the issue where War Heroes that participated through the guilds in an alliance other than the alliance leader guild could not collect their participation rewards.
- The rewards that couldn't be collected before for these War Heroes were sent to their Mailbox (B) during the maintenance on August 11, 2021 (Wed).
Background, NPC, Effects, Cutscene
- You will be resurrected at the Slippery Scallywags Den if you choose to resurrect at the closest town when you die near the area.
- [Wharf Manager] Waruo has appeared at Slippery Scallywags Den for Corsair.
- Waruo runs both a potion shop and a wharf.
● Changed the location of a lazy Scallywag on the Slippery Scallywags Isle to a more natural location.
UI● Changed and improved the following content for the Friend and 1:1 Chat UI:
- Changed to allow the deletion of groups from the Friend UI.
- Added a menu to whisper to friends from the Friend UI.
- Added a function where you can have a 1:1 chat directly from the Friend window when you select Friend List from the Friend UI.
- You can press a button on the upper right of the Friend window to separate the 1:1 Chat window while chatting 1:1.
- You can minimize the separated 1:1 Chat window to change it into a small widget.
- You can preview a part of a new message on the small widget.
- Changes were made to be able to see your friend’s game connection more intuitively.
- Improved the 1:1 Chat log that would reset when you logged in again to remain when you relog in.
* However, a maximum of 100 chat logs are saved.
● Fixed the issue where the text would stray away from the UI when checking the Node Info on the World Map.
● Changed the text color to make it easier to see which section your Fame is at on the tooltip displayed when you hover your mouse over the Fame List in the My Info UI.
● Improved the basic skills set in your quick slots after creating a character to remain usable even as you level a skill up.
● Changed the number of quests currently in progress to be displayed on the Quest button in the notification section on the bottom right.
● Added different sound effects to be played when receiving Silver from looting, selling items to NPC vendors, and collecting sales in the Central Market.
- The sounds played are differentiated by the different amounts of Silver collected, listed below:
|Sound effect for obtaining different amounts of Silver|
|More than 1,000,000 Silver - 10,000,000 Silver or less
More than 10,000,000 Silver - 50,000,000 Silver or less
More than 50,000,000 Silver - 200,000,000 Silver or less
More than 200,000,000 Silver - 500,000,000 Silver or less
More than 500,000,000 Silver
● Added a line for the Enhancement category under System Messages in the Chat Window Settings.
● Fixed the issue where the Recently Used list would be displayed when opening the ESC menu while using the Gamepad UI.
● Fixed the confirmation window that appeared when selecting an Elvia server in the Select Server screen to be usable with a game pad via the Gamepad UI.
● Changed the background of the key guide on the bottom of the View My Stats UI to fit the window size when using the Gamepad UI.
● Fixed the issue where the guidance description would not appear on the ill sailors when checking the list of sailors through the Wharf Manager on the Gamepad UI.
● Fixed the issue where pressing a certain key would make the My Stable window disappear on the World Map (M) for the Gamepad UI.
● Changed the following items to be exchangeable all at once when exchanging through an NPC by talking (W):
- Cooking & Alchemy byproducts
- Golden Seals
- Tuvala Ore for Tuvala Gear
- [Season] Rift's Thorn for enhancement bundles
- Rough Lustrous Gem
- Leather obtained from Hunting
● Improved the Guild Mission tab in the Guild (G) window to display the remaining time to re-accept a guild mission after its completion.
● Added the Search Equipment/Inventory function where you can see the equipment/inventory of other characters.
- Go to End Game > Search Equipped Gear/Inventory and select the () button to search.
● Removed unnecessary log history from game while running, as well as stored game logs.
● Changed to block items that require the 15-minute delays to be listed on the Central Market 20 minutes before certain times like maintenance.
● Changed the linebreaks for the Pearl's Blessings buttons so that they look more natural in the Pearl Shop (F3).
● With [Head Storage] butlers/maids no longer being sold in the Pearl Shop since August 4, 2021 (Wed), they have been removed from the listing entirely. All pearls and coupons used for purchase will be refunding via in-game Mail (B) on August 11, 2021 (Wed).
Web● Fixed the issue where the arrow would disappear from time to time when using the Select Language UI on the bottom of the official website.
● Changed the payment options to accept USD from Bermuda.
● Improved the global time on the upper right of the Forums page to apply Daylight Savings Time.
- Standard Time: CET, PST, EST
- Daylight Savings Time: CEST, PDT, EDT
● Improved the loading speed of the Adventurer's Board.
● Improved some of the UIs for the Adventurer's Board.
● Added the Oasis of Knowledge to the Adventurer's Board.
Modified or Changed● Fixed the issue where you wouldn't receive the "Coral Harp" from opening a "Coral Shine Blue Shell Prop Set" selected from the [Event] Choose Your Luxury Prop Box.
- Adventurers who selected the Coral Shine Blue Shell Prop Set from the [Event] Choose Your Luxury Prop Box will be issued the Coral Harp during the August 11, 2021 (Wed) maintenance. After August 11 (Wed) maintenance, Adventurers will also be able to receive the Coral Harp from opening the Coral Shine Blue Shell Prop Set.
● Fixed some of the unnatural backgrounds in the following regions:
- Blue Maned Lion's Manor
- Oquilla Coast
● Fixed the issue where you could not search in the Installation List UI when planting crops in the garden.
● Fixed the issue where an abnormal message appeared in certain situations where the fairy couldn't be summoned/unsummoned.
● Fixed the issue where the sound of pets taken out remains after using the Pet Exchange function.
● Fixed the delays that would occur from time to time when loading info about the Central Market.
● Fixed the issue where the loot Item Count information was not refreshing as intended.
● Fixed the issue where you could interact with another Adventurer's campsite.
● Fixed the Black Spirit to no longer offer items from expired events when talking (W) to the Black Spirit (,).
● Fixed the issue where equipping the following items wouldn't reduce your Stamina consumption while swimming:
- Splat Fisher's Clothes, Da-Dum Da-Dum Diving Suit, Coco and El Pento Clothes
● Fixed the issue where your character would not move in Spectator Mode at Atoraxxion: Vahmalkea, Vaha's Cradle.
● Fixed the issue where Tranan Underfoe wouldn't return in certain situations after getting off work during the simplified main questline.