Patch Notes - December 8, 2021
Here are the latest update details for Black Desert Online on December 8, 2021 (Wed). Today’s patch contains 43 updates and is approximately 842.78 MB.
New and Improvements
● Added text that reveals the success rate of preventing an accessory from dropping in enhancement grade when using Cron Stones.
- Now when you use Cron Stones and fail to successfully enhance an accessory, you'll have a 60% chance for your accessory to retain its enhancement level, or 40% chance to see it drop.
● Changed the maximum number of residences you can purchase as follows.
|Maximum of 7 including normal residences and manor
(after using both Residence +1 Expansion Coupons from quests)
|Maximum of 8, including up to 7 normal residences and 1 manor
(after using both Residence +1 Expansion Coupons from quests)
● Separated [Warrior, Archer] Goyen Gloves and [Warrior, Archer] Goyen Shoes from [Warrior, Archer] Goyen Armor.
- Added [Warrior, Archer] Goyen Gloves and [Warrior, Archer] Goyen Shoes to the outfit boxes that contain [Warrior, Archer] Goyen Armor.
* Adventurers who had the [Warrior, Archer] Goyen Armor in their possession will receive the [Warrior, Archer] Goyen Gloves and [Warrior, Archer] Goyen Shoes in their storage in Heidel.
● Changed the way summoning works with the Ibedor's Scroll.
* The summon scrolls can still be used in the old method of simply summoning a boss by using a scroll.
|Party leader uses the scroll at the designated location to summon monsters.
Party leader and members get loot upon defeating said monsters.
|Go to the designated spawn location to interact with the NPC and use the UI to summon.
The party leader puts in the number of scrolls according to the stage the party wishes to attempt.
The rest of the party member put in the same number of scrolls.
The party leader and members all get their rewards as loot.
- Now when you select a mode, you will also be able to see information on the types of hands that will be in play.
- Each game mode now has its own unique background image to accompany the different difficulty levels and descriptions.
● Slightly moved the location of the text in the middle of the Yar! board.
● Adjusted the dialog text of Yar! NPC opponents to no longer touch the outer margins of the speech bubbles.
● Changed the loot table for Blue Whales hunted from the seas of Balenos, Calpheon, and Mediah.
- Added the Blue Whale's Oily Skin item.
* You have a low chance to loot the Blue Whale's Oily Skin, which you can exchange into the Blue Whale Wall Decoration from Karon in Velia.
- While Blue Whale Oil and Tendon will now be a guaranteed drop from butchering Blue Whales after hunting them, we've slightly reduced the maximum amount of Blue Whale Tendons obtainable.
- You can obtain the following items from butchering Blue Whales after hunting them down.
Ring Piece x1
Oily Skin x1
Cranial Bone x1
Chest Bone x1
Tail Bone x1
Shimmering Piece of
the Old Moon x1
Sharp Black Crystal
Hard Black Crystal
Mass of Pure
Nature - Adamantine x1
Ancient Magic Crystal of
- Power x1
Magic Crystal of Infinity
- Experience x1
|Gold Bar 10G x1||Gold Bar 100G x1|
|Bloody Ruby x1||Ocean Sapphire x1||Gold Topaz x1|
|Forest Emerald x1||Star Diamond x1||
Black Gem x1-2
|Black Gem x1-2||Blue Whale Molar x1||Blue Whale Oil x1||
Blue Whale Tendon x1-2
Spirit Pouch of
Ferocious Beast x1-2
● Changed certain quests in the Elvia Realm.
- Fixed the issue where the "[Elvia] Elvia Realm: Dark Knights and the Ahib" quest wouldn't appear in your Suggested tab in the Quests window if you had already completed the quest with a different class.
Young Ancient Spirits
|- Now marks the monster zones with the highest chance for Young Valtarra, Okiara, and Narc spirits to spawn as the quest objective location.|
|[Elvia] The Black Sun's Realm||- Added information regarding loot and drop locations for that loot in the quest summary.|
Kzarka: Barrier of Infestation I-V
|- Changed to now reset every Thursday.
- Changed so that you can reobtain the summon scroll from the Black Spirit if you either lose the scroll or fail to defeat any level of Kzarka.
* Please note that while either accepting the quest, or having completed yet still not handed in the quest will apply the new weekly quest reset rules, completing and handing in the quest before maintenance will still apply the old reset rules (of resetting in seven days), and will implement the new rules once the weekly quest can be re-accepted again.
|Accepted or completed yet didn't hand before Dec 8, 2021 (Wed) maintenance||Applies new rules
(reset every Thursday at midnight)
|Completed and handed in before Dec 8, 2021 (Wed) maintenance||Can be re-accepted once seven days have passed from the point of completion;
Once quest can be re-accepted, new rules go into effect
(reset every Thursday at midnight)
● Changed the Timeworn Golden Pendant obtainable from Treasure Chests to now be exchangeable with Heidel's Jeweler, Dora Fonti.
● Added a new UI theme befitting the winter season.
- When you log in for the first time, you will see a pop-up suggesting you switch to the new UI theme.
- Go to (New) Menu (ESC) - Settings (F1) - Misc. to select the new theme.
● Added info regarding appearances by mount tier when checking your horse's mount information.
- The appearance info will be displayed as a breed number depending on the appearance of the relevant horse within its tier.
* However, certain horses with fixed Lv. 1 skills do not have appearance info.
- Accordingly, you can differentiate the appearances of horses by their breed number within its tier. The breed number is decided within its tier, so even if they have the same breed number, the appearances differ if they are of different tiers.
|Tier 1 Breed 1||Tier 6 Breed 1||Tier 8 Breed 1|
● Improved so that you can set the number of Old Moon Boss Seals you want to exchange for the following items.
- Ancient Spirit Dust x20
- Magical Shard x3
- Marni's Unstable Fuel x2
● Changed the TIP text color on the bottom left of the ingame screen to yellow.
● Added and changed more details on the item description of the following items sold on the Pearl Shop (F3).
|Added and Changed Item Descriptions|
|Wizard Gosphy||Added details on how you have a higher chance at getting a higher tier pet than other pets when exchanging pets.|
|Bookshelves Purchasable with Pearls (Interior - Furniture)||Added text regarding the probability of obtaining Knowledge.
Check out info regarding the probability of obtaining Knowledge on the BDO Wiki.
|[All Classes] Underwear||Added text regarding Luck and its effects.|
|Drawers purchasable with Pearls (Interior - Furniture)||Added text regarding Luck and its effects.|
|Fisto/Dark Thorn Fishing Boat Set
Belle Epoque Rowboat Set
|Added text regarding the equip effects of each part.|
|Fairy Queen's Might||Added info regarding the chance for your Fairy to change into one of all available personalities when using "Reset Persona."|
|Wagon Sets Purchasable with Pearls||Added text regarding the equip effects of each part.|
|Reset Mount Growth||Added text regarding the probability to obtain new skills.
You can find info regarding the probability to obtain new skills after using "Reset Mount Growth" in the BDO Wiki.
|Ornette's Dark Honey Wine||Added text that includes an example of growth EXP depending on your Fairy's level.|
|Mount Brand Spell Stone||Changed the text regarding the increase in probability to obtain skills when your mount levels up.|
|Horse Appearance Change Coupon||Added details on how using the item does not change your mount's breed.|
|Premium Horse Appearance Change Coupon||Changed the text regarding learning a skill and EXP obtainable if the horse doesn't learn a skill when changing appearances.
Added details on how using the item does not change your mount's breed.
|Elion's Tear||Changed the text regarding the HP and MP when resurrecting your character.
Changed the text regarding restoration of EXP lost from death.
|[All Classes] Splat Fisher's Clothes Set
[All Classes] Da-Dum Da-Dum Diving Suit Set
|Changed the description regarding Stamina consumed while swimming.|
● Fixed the issue where the character image in the upper portion of the Class Introduction pages were being displayed abnormally.
● Changed the video displayed on the Sign-up page to the Striker class reboot trailer.
● Changed the icon displayed on the Account Information page in the Parental Controls section when the controls are activated.
● Fixed the issue where the question-mark icon displayed on the lower portion of the OTP backup code page would sometimes be in an abnormally location.
Modified or Changed
● [Lahn] Moon Dance - Fixed the Defensive Icon to match its skill description.
● [Nova] La Orzeca Armor - Fixed the issue where switching to Awakening after equipping the armor wouldn't display its effects.
● Fixed the "Activate" button for the Faded Ancient Relic when using awakened summon scrolls to match your current UI theme.
● Fixed the issue where descriptions that displayed when hovering your mouse over the icons on the upper right-hand side of the Crafting Notes page would sometimes be hidden by the UI.
● Fixed the issue where attempting to use Horse Emblems that can no longer be used at the Stablekeeper would display irregular text.
● Fixed the issue where certain parts of the background in Cyclops Land, Alejandro Farm, and Balenos Mountains appeared abnormal.
● Fixed the issue where parts of your character's outfit wouldn't stop flickering when attempting to dye (J) their gear and/or outfit.
● Fixed the issue where you couldn't perform alchemy repeatedly if you required more than two unstackable ingredients in your inventory when using an alchemy tool after installing it in your residence.
● Fixed the issue where the Recently Used section of the (ESC) New Menu would be highlighted upon opening the menu for the first time right after logging in.
● Fixed the issue where using "Reset All" to reset all game settings to default wouldn't revert Game Window settings to Full Screen.
● Fixed the issue where target practice monsters in the Battle Arena would sometimes move awkwardly after getting hit with certain debuffs.
● Fixed the issue where the health of Ogres would sometimes reset while you were fighting them in Mansha Forest.
● Fixed the issue where the cutscene wouldn't play when talking with Norma Leight for the first time.
● Fixed the issue where opening UI that fills the whole screen, such as Skill Demos, would prevent your Fairy's auto-recovery function from activating correctly.
● Fixed the issue where certain functions in the ESC (New) Menu were activating abnormally for Gamepad UI mode.
● Changed the end dialog of the following quests to a text that explains when you can proceed with the subsequent levels of the questline.
|[Elvia Co-op] Kzarka: Barrier of Infestation I
[Elvia Co-op] Kzarka: Barrier of Infestation II
|[Elvia Co-op] Kzarka: Barrier of Infestation III
[Elvia] Kzarka: Barrier of Infestation IV
● Fixed the issue where your character would be immune to "heatstroke" and "hypothermia," desert illnesses, in Tyrant's Hill
● Fixed the issue where an unnatural text would be displayed when opening [Warrior] Goyen Premium/Classic/Awakening Sets and [Warrior] Goyen Classic Set (7 days).
● Changed the item description of Fertile Oil-Rich Soil that guided Adventurers to Keplan to Calpheon.