Patch Notes - April 21, 2021
Here are the latest update details for Black Desert Online on April 21, 2021 (Wed). Today’s patch contains 86 updates and is approximately 1.02GB.
● Released the awakening of Sage, the one who returned.
- Adventurers can now awaken Sage. Their Sage will need to be Lv.56 or higher and complete the questline '[Sage Awakening] Hurried Footsteps.' This questline is available from Black Spirit - Suggested.
- For Adventurers that have not completed the questline '[Sage Succession] Meeting of Destinies,' the questline '[Sage Awakening] Hurried Footsteps' will become available after you complete the questline '[Sage Succession] Meeting of Destinies' and Sage Succession.
New and Improvements
● Changed Sorceress, Ranger, Berserker, Musa, Maewha, and Lahn classes to be able to combo skills while Sprinting.
● Jordun Training - Changed and added the following:
- Jordun Training I–V - Changed the hit counts to match the actual description.
- Jordun Training I–V - Added PvP related damage reduction text to skill descriptions.
- Jordun Training I–V - Changed the descriptions for lateral hits to match the actual skills.
|Jordun Training I||Lateral Attack Damage 412% x 2, Max 3 Hits||Lateral Attack Damage 412% x 3, Max 2 Hits|
|Jordun Training II||Lateral Attack Damage 448% x 2, Max 3 Hits||Lateral Attack Damage 448% x 3, Max 2 Hits|
|Jordun Training III||Lateral Attack Damage 484% x 2, Max 3 Hits||Lateral Attack Damage 484% x 3, Max 2 Hits|
|Jordun Training IV||Lateral Attack Damage 520% x 2, Max 3 Hits||Lateral Attack Damage 520% x 3, Max 2 Hits|
|Jordun Training V||Lateral Attack Damage 556% x 2, Max 3 Hits||Lateral Attack Damage 556% x 3, Max 2 Hits|
- Jordun Training V - Changed the skill so that PvP damage reduction will be applied to the 3rd hit while attacking forwards.
● Searing Fang - Changed the skill so that Super Armor would apply when comboing it after Awakening: Juggernaut.
● Infernal Steps - Fixed the issue where the skill's PvE stun effect would apply in certain situations during its cooldown.
● Changed Sage's Succession damage to now be affected by both his awakening weapon and main weapon due to the release of his awakening. Previously, his Succession damage was only affected by 100% of his main weapon after his initial release.
● Added 2 new skills to Sage Succession:
- Prime: Rift Storm
- Prime: Spear Bolt
● Ator's Palm, Ator's Illusion, Energized Thorn, Piercing Thorn - Improved combat dynamics.
● Energized Thorn, Piercing Thorn - Fixed the issue where using the skills would consume stamina.
● Rift Chain - Changed the skill so that you can deactivate Rift Chain by pressing any skill key, with the exception of Shift and movement keys.
ex) If you press F to use Ator's Fist while using Rift Chain, Rift Chain will deactivate and Ator's Fist will activate.
● Fixed the issue where an abnormal system message would appear when attacking forwards with bare hands.
● It is said that Celestial Horse's Tears can be found in Krogdalo's Trace. Celestial Horse's Tears are resplendent embodiments of the sorrow and yearning roared about by Krogdalo when the three Krogdalo children Arduanatt, Diné, and Doom left Kamasylvia.
- You can get Celestial Horse Calling Horn by processing (L) Trainer's Flute (Permanent) and Celestial Horse's Tears.
- Celestial Horse Calling Horn is imbued with the roar of Krogdalo, and can summon horses at any location, with a few exceptions.
- You cannot use Celestial Horse Calling Horn in locations where you cannot summon mounts.
|Examples of Areas Where You Cannot Summon Mounts|
|Red Battlefield, Battle Arena, Team Battle, Aakman Temple, Hystria Ruins, Old Moon Grand Prix, etc.|
- Celestial Horse Calling Horn cannot be used if the mount you are summoning is carrying Trade items.
- Added a daily quest that resets at midnight and a quest available once per family that rewards you with Celestial Horse's Tears.
|Quest Name||Quest Acceptance Requirements||Quest Objectives||Reward(s)|
|Celestial Horse Calling Horn||None||Talk to Erfianso||Contribution EXP|
|[Daily] Atanis Confection||Must be under Training Level Artisan 1||
Hand over Sweet Honey Wine x1
Oil of Fortitude x10
Fruit of Enchantment x30
Energy Potion (Extra Large) x1
Atanis Confection x1
|[Daily] Atanis Confection||Must be over Training Level Artisan 1||
Hand over Sweet Honey Wine x1
Oil of Fortitude x10
Fruit of Enchantment x30
Energy Potion (Extra Large) x1
Atanis Confection x2
|Celestial Horse's Tears||Talk to Erfianso with Atanis Confection x30 in your inventory||Place Atanis Confection in Krogdalo's Trace||Celestial Horse's Tear x1|
- You can choose one of the two [Daily] Atanis Confection quests according to your training level, and you may only complete one.
● Deleted the set effect conditions for Blackstar and Obsidian Blackstar Defense gear from the item descriptions.
● Reports of rare animal sightings from all over are reaching some seasoned hunters. Many hunters living in quiet seclusion in Behr have gathered to put together a Rare Hunting Guide. You might be able to get special information about these rare animals by becoming friendly with the hunters.
- Added [Knowledge - Ecology - Rare Hunting Guide] Category
- Added the following rare monsters for hunting.
- You may be able to obtain knowledge by hunting rare animals, and obtain the following titles.
|Poison Net Desert Scorpion||- Fierce
- Desert Eagle
- Savior of Ibellab
|Rainbow Fox||- Nothing If Not Quick-witted
- Great Detective
|Breoro||- Executing Traitors
|Crystal Alligator||- Enjoying the Music
- Alligator Trainer
|Stone Cobra||- Taken Aback
- Snake Researcher
- Faux Snake
|Region||Reward per Region||Universal Rewards|
|Wild Animal Area near Acher Guard Post in Kamasylvia||
Mournful Crystal of the Forest x2
Hunter's Token x25
Hunter's Dawn x1
* You can get the following effects for 30 minutes when you obtain Hunter's Dawn:
- Hunting EXP +15%
- Attack Speed +2
- Movement Speed +2
- Critical Hit +2
Narc's Wishstone x1
Hunter's Token x25
Areha Palm Forest
Areha Handcrafted Compass Part x1
Hunter's Token x25
- You can use Heating (L) on Mournful Crystal of the Forest x10 to get Forest Fury x1
- You can use Heating (L) on Narc's Wishstone x30 to get Breath of Narcion x1
- You can take Areha Handcrafted Compass Part to Burita Allon, the trade NPC of Valencia, to get Lion Meat x250
- Temporary titles (90 Days) have been awarded to Adventurers who own either gold, silver, or bronze Black Spirit icons.
- Temporary titles have also been awarded to Adventurers who own either gold, silver, or bronze Black Spirit icons in any of the 20 Hall of Adventurers Chat Groups.
|Lunar Halo Inn||Protector of Newbies||Luminary of Newbies||Herald of Newbies|
|Dancing Marlin Tavern||Oh Captain, My Captain||Reliable First Mate||Hardworking Steerer|
|Battle Arena||Fist of Legend||Born to Fight||Backstreet Fighter|
|Hystria Ruins||Relentless Slayer||Perceptive Hunter||Clever Tracker|
|Florin Neighborhood Meeting||Touch of Midas||Crafty||Diligent Life Skiller|
|Garnier Troupe||Virtuoso||Genius Composer||Rhapsodist|
||City Celebrity||Famed Storyteller||Street Herald|
|Hall of Adventurers||Pathfinder||Role Model||Mentor|
● Fixed the issue where the alert system would stop activating after a certain amount of time for the Biraghi Den monster zone in Elvia Realm.
● Fixed the issue where the Elite Al Rhundi Rebels, summoned through Al Rhundi's Secret Orders in the Castle Ruins in Elvia Realm, would sporadically disappear.
NPC, Background, Sound
● Lerao Island's Ravio, who became a barterer to hear many different tales from Adventurers, is sad that there are fewer visitors to the island nowadays. Ravio has asked Igor Bartali, chief of Velia, for construction laborers after hearing that many Adventurers are finding it difficult to enter the island.
- Laborers are working on construction on parts of Lerao Island so that large ships will be able to approach the island more easily.
● Changed the locations of the barterer NPCs on the following islands:
- Pakuo of Invernen Island
- Mulicia of Tinberra Island
Quest, Knowledge● Added the word 'Elvia' to titles of daily hunting quests only available on the Elvia server.
● Added a more detailed description to the Central Market's Sell UI about the quantity restriction according to Family Fame for Pearl items you can sell.
● Added a loading image that shows the backs of Hashashin, Berserker, Warrior, Ranger, and Witch.
● Changed the purchase icon that appears when you run out of inventory slots or reach your weight limit to display the Buy UI.
● Changed the following check box features so that they will be saved after reloading Settings Archives and changing characters.
- Continuously use BreezySail
- Send to tray when quitting
● Added a 'Don't show again today' option to the notice on the Expiring Item window.
● Changed Gamepad UI so that you can save settings with hotkeys instead of pressing on the Apply/Confirm button in Settings.
● Added the Black Spirit's Rage menu to the New Menu in Gamepad UI.
● Removed the Fishing Event guide widget displayed with the Fishing UI, as the event period has ended.
● Fixed the issue where prices that shouldn't change would change when items of a certain category on pre-order for maximum or minimum prices would be sold.
● Changed the line breaks in the How to Play window of Black Spirit's Adventure so that they look more natural.
● Added a Cookie Agreement popup to the Web Central Market page.
● Changed the PC view image for the Class Introduction section on the main page of the official website.
● Fixed the issue where the text at the top of the News page would be broken.
● Fixed the issue where logging in after changing language settings in the NA/EU launcher would not save your language settings.
● Fixed the issue where the mobile view tooltip in Beauty Album and Photo Gallery was in an awkward location.
● Added the option to change your game language in the launcher with a Steam account.
● Added a Sage Awakening introduction page.
● Added game rating to the bottom left of the video loop.
● Added a Sage Awakening section to the main page of the website.
● Fixed the issue where the Terms of Service numbers would be displayed abnormally on the Steam launcher.
● Renewed wallpaper images.
● Added mobile versions of wallpaper images.
● Changed the Adventurer page so that searching will be easier on Internet Explorer.
● Changed the Guest Pass Coupons to send Adventurers to the Download page if they never logged into the game before.
● Added the message 'You have already purchased a package with this account' to appear when an Adventurer with a pass attempts to use a coupon with a game pass.
● Fixed the issue where text would bleed out of the UI if it was too long in the Class Introduction page.
● Added payment confirmation emails to be sent when payment is complete.
Translation● Changed the following translations in English.
- Changed 'Sea Monster's Neidan' to 'Sea Monster's Spirit Pouch.'
- Changed '[Guild] Sea Monster's Neidan' to '[Guild] Sea Monster's Spirit Pouch.'
- Changed 'Young Sea Monster's Neidan' to 'Young Sea Monster's Spirit Pouch.'
- Changed 'Neidan' to 'Spirit Pouch.'
- Changed 'Neidan' to 'Lebensenergiekristall.'
- Changed 'Cadry-Elefant' to 'Cadria-Elefant.'
● Changed the following translations in Spanish.
-Changed 'Neidan' to 'Cristalización.'
● Changed the following translations in French.
-Changed 'Neidan' to 'Cristal de vitalité.'
-Changed 'Lance ancestrale' to 'Javelot ancestral.'
Modified or Changed● Fixed the issue where the key guide displayed for the Cow-Milking minigame would be different while in the old Gamepad mode.
● Changed the Compose/Score window so that using the Reset button will also reset volume.
● Changed Ibedor's Scroll so that Ulutuka, the monster summoned when the item is used, doesn't stray too far from where it was summoned.
● Changed the UI to now always display the 'better gear' regardless of the equipment you had originally equipped when the duration of the Elvia Realm exclusive gear ends.
● Fixed the issue where you would be able to summon maids in dungeons during 'Ritual' quests.
● Fixed the issue where a Guild/Alliance notice being written in the Guild (G) window would be reset when a guild member logs in.
● Fixed the issue where the Team Settings UI would be displayed behind the Arena of Arsha Settings UI, making it inaccessible.
● Fixed the issue where Guild names not in use would be sporadically unavailable.
● Fixed the issue where Adventurers couldn't obtain Shining Medal of Honor after participating in a conquest war because signup wouldn't be reset.
'● Fixed the issue where the following outfits would look awkward when equipped in certain situations: '
- [Ranger] Atanis Armor, [Striker] Syahzar Helmet, [Sage] Willow Breeze Robe, [Archer] Karki Suit
● Fixed the issue where the key guide to view the Warehouse would overlap with other UIs in certain situations while in Gamepad mode.
● Fixed the issue where players with Karma or Naval Fame below 0 would be invisible when Hide Other Characters is enabled.
● Fixed the tooltip descriptions for [Archer] Corvicanus Outfit to match each other.
● Changed the Spring Blossom Headpiece so that you can see the headpiece in the banner for Shai in the Pearl Shop.
● Fixed the issue where Guild History would not be displayed in Gamepad mode.
● Fixed the issue where Jorjua, an O'draxxia material vendor, was not selling Aal's Tear.
● Fixed the issue where the skirts and cape for Nova and Sage, respectively, would flutter excessively.
● Fixed the issue where the Chat UI would be unavailable when spamming the Chat window with a certain string of characters.
● Fixed the issue where the camera would appear abnormal when summoning the Black Spirit while on horseback.
● Fixed the issue where closing the Equipment window after using the repair function in your campsite wouldn't reopen the campsite menu.
● Fixed the issue where the key guide for Mount Information would be based off the keyboard and mouse controls even when using the Gamepad Mode.
● Changed Family Inventory so that dragging an item from Family Inventory to another inventory will reset the item's info.
● Fixed the issue where the scroll for Guild Storage and Guild Inventory would be reset when guild items are retrieved/deposited or when a guild member logs in.
● Fixed the issue where the free Black Spirit's Dice for Black Spirit's Adventure would be unavailable at certain times of the day.
- Dice will be given to Adventurers who couldn't obtain dice because of this issue during maintenance on Apr 28.
● Fixed the issue where the message 'This name is unavailable' would show when attempting to check names while registering previously deleted Character/Guild names.
We hope you enjoy your time in Black Desert, thank you