End of the 2021 Summer Season
As previously announced in our "A Letter to Black Desert Adventurers," the Black Desert team has been discussing the possibility of adjusting the Season Servers to lighten the progression hurdles and help newer Adventurers settle into Black Desert. With this purpose in mind, we’ve decided to conclude the Summer Season early during the September 15, 2021 (Wed) maintenance.
But don't worry! This farewell to the Summer Season will be immediately followed up by a new "Season+" server. The new "Season+" server is a bolstered version of the previous season with improved Tuvala gear enhancement chances along with more boosts between the graduation stage and end gear progression. This revamp is also particularly meaningful to the staff in that it embodies our best efforts to reflect the Adventurers’ needs and suggestions voiced out to us.
We sincerely hope that the Season+ servers can deliver the renewed adventures that we hope for you to experience.
So, get ready to jump right in and join the new Season+ servers!
Summer Season End & Season+ Start Date
|2021 End of Summer Season||Closed during September 15, 2021 (Wed.) Maintenance|
|2021 Start of Season +||Begins after September 15, 2021 (Wed.) Maintenance|
Season Character and Quests
- All Summer Season characters will be converted to ‘Normal Characters’ during the September 15th maintenance.
- All ‘Season Quests’ in progress will be removed as well.
Season Pass & Black Spirit Pass
- Uncompleted Season Pass & Black Spirit Pass missions will be completed for you during the September 8th (Wed) maintenance.
- Make sure to receive all the Season Pass & Black Spirit Pass rewards before the September 15th (Wed.) maintenance.
- Any unreceived Season Pass & Black Spirit rewards will be deleted during the September 15th (Wed.) maintenance.
- Once you claim the normal rewards of the Season Pass, the Black Spirit Pass rewards will become available. (Both the Season Pass and Black Spirit Pass rewards must be claimed in the order from start to finish.)
- The Season Pass and Black Spirit Pass will both end during the September 15th (Wed) maintenance, please make sure to claim your rewards beforehand.
1) Summer Season Character Level 15 - 60 Challenge
2) Autumn Breeze Rolling in Rewards
3) Fughar’s Gift Box
4) [Season] On the Lucretia Dagger!
* The challenges above are scheduled to be removed during the September 15th (Wed.) maintenance so please make sure to receive all challenge rewards before the maintenance.
(Removed during September 15th (Wed.) maintenance.)
- Honorable Adventurer’s Certificate
- Time-filled Black Stone
- Refined Magical Black Stone
- Tuvala Ore
- Time-filled Black Stone Bundle
- Refined Magical Black Stone Bundle
- Tuvala Ore Bundle
- [Season] Secret Book of the Misty Breeze
- [Season] Tuvala Conversion Stone Box and other [Season] Tuvala Conversion Stones for each Tuvala part.
- [Season] Leveling Aid Boxes (including all boxes for different levels) and [Season] New Adventure Box.
- Tuvala gear and accessories that haven’t been converted.
- Rift’s Fragment
- Rift’s Echo
- [Season] Rift’s Thorn
- Frozen Tides Black Stone
- Fughar’s Timepiece
- [Event] Fughar's Gift Box
* ‘[Season] Boss Gear Exchange Coupon‘ will remain in your inventory but you will not be able to use it in the new Season+ server.
* If you have the [Season] Crow Merchants Guild Contribution Certificate I/II, you will still be able to accept and complete the "Crow Merchants Guild's Gift" even after the season ends.
Adventures who were not able to complete the ‘[Season Server Graduation] At the Crossroad’ or ‘[Season Server Graduation] Into the Big Wide World’ will receive the rewards below through the in-game mail (B).
|Completion Rewards for Uncompleted Quests|
Gift Box Full of Memories
Fughar’s Letter of Encouragement
- You will be excluded from the compensation if your Summer Season character has been deleted or no longer exists during the September 15th (Wed.) maintenance.
Continuable Season Quests
|Quests Available after the September 15th (Wed.) maintenance|
|- You can still complete the ‘[Season Special Gift] Dreams Ebb and Flow’ quest through the Black Spirit if you’ve completed the Summer Season Graduation.|
Unconverted Tuvala Gear
Summer Season Tuvala gear that have not been converted with conversion stones will be automatically converted and returned to Adventurers during the September 15th (Wed.) maintenance following the criteria below.
* (Tuvala gear for equipment slots that was already converted will not be sent to you.)
|Tuvala Gear Conversion Criteria (In order of Priority)|
① Unconverted Tuvala gear with the highest enhancement level per equipment slot (1 per equipment slot except 2 for earrings and rings for a total of 13):
E.g.) If you have a “PEN (V): Tuvala Glove” and “TRI (III): Tuvala Glove” in your inventory or storage, then only the “PEN (V): Tuvala Glove” will be converted.
If there are two or more identical types of Tuvala gear with the same enhancement level, then the second criteria will be followed.
② Branded Tuvala gear (Item Brand Spell Stone):
E.g.) If you have a branded “PEN (V): Tuvala Glove” and unbranded “PEN (V): Tuvala Glove”, then the branded “PEN (V): Tuvala Glove” will be converted.
If there are two or more identical types of branded Tuvala gear with the same enhancement level, then the third criteria will be followed.
③ Most recently crafted Tuvala gear:
E.g.) If you own an unbranded PEN (V) Tuvala Longsword (crafted on September 1) and an unbranded PEN (V) Tuvala Amulet (crafted on September 10), then the more recently crafted PEN (V) Tuvala Amulet will be converted.
* Any Tuvala gear that is excluded by the criteria above will not be recoverable.
* Tuvala gear that have been converted this way will be placed in the Inventory of the character that graduated from Summer Season. However, if your Inventory is full, then the gear will be sent to your Heidel Storage.
* Additional Notices
- If you want to use one of the deleted gear instead of the converted gear, please contact us via [Support Center] before the October 13, 2021 (Wed.) maintenance.
- Please provide the name and enhancement level of the converted gear you wish to exchange as well as the name and enhancement level of the gear you want to recover when submitting your ticket.
- Please note that we can only provide recovery services only once per equipment slot for the converted gears.
The goal of the new Season+ server is to alleviate progression hurdles for newer Adventurers but we also plan to gradually expand the various boosts so that even veteran Adventurers feel more comfortable when settling into their new season character.
Season+ (Scheduled for September 15th)
1. New Season Pass & Black Spirit Pass
The beginning of the ‘Season+’ server will also bring about a new Season pass and Black Spirit Pass. Completing the new Season Pass and the Black Spirit Pass will grant you Season Seals that you can exchange for three types of Weapon Exchange Coupons.
2. Fughar’s Timepiece
First made available in the 2021 Summer Season, Fughar’s Timepiece can be obtained again in the new Season+ server. Using Fughar’s Timepiece with a Season Character will convert your Season Character into a normal character. Subsequently, the entirety of the Combat EXP & Skill EXP earned by your Season Character will be automatically copied to a normal character of your choice. It’s important to note that the Season Character you just converted to a normal character will retain its Combat EXP & Skill EXP.
3. Various Improvements
Completing the Serendia main questline will now grant you an additional pet. Additionally, the unnecessarily varied Mediah region's monster loot will also be reorganized. Main quest rewards will be boosted to give more valuable rewards and Valencia region monsters will drop better loot.
4. Improved Tuvala gear Enhancement Chances
Enhancement chances will be adjusted in the Season+ server to make Tuvala Gear easier to enhance.
Season+ (Scheduled for September 29th)
1. PEN (V) Tuvala gear (All 7 types) can now be exchanged for TET (IV) Boss gear.
After the September 29th maintenance, the seven different types of PEN (V) Tuvala gear can now be exchanged for TET (IV) Boss gears that cannot be traded on the market.
To provide a little extra something for all Adventurers, we’ve also made it possible to trade in a TET (IV) Boss gears (available on the market) in exchange for a TET (IV) Boss gears (unavailable on the market). Please keep in mind that this exchange is allowed only once per family.
Right now, you might be wondering what the benefit is when you trade in a Boss gear for a one that can’t be traded on the market. Not to worry! These newly exchanged Boss Gear will offer a new way to be enhanced to PEN (V) level with steady effort!
Refer to the image below to see how the new system works.
2. More Support from Growth Pass
When Adventurers graduate from Season+ server, we’ll be providing a Growth Pass to help Adventurers to live the experience in the world of Black Desert. Growth Pass will consist of various challenges (and matching rewards) that will not only help you learn more about the world but also gauge your progression in the diverse contents of Black Desert. When you’ve finally completed the entire Growth Pass, you’ll be more than ready to dive deeper into your journey in Black Desert. Growth Pass will be made available to any Season+ server graduated character, free of purchase.
▲ As this image was taken during development, it is displayed in the Korean language. This content will be translated to the supported languages before it releases, but the contents may be subject to change.
We are currently preparing more announcements to give you more information about the upcoming updates. Make sure to keep an eye on our website for more notices regarding Season+ and all the contents & events that we have in store!